Note: All information here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job listing. Please contact Leafly with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In Our Account Executives:
You are a successful, passionate sales professional with a proven track record of managing a healthy funnel of opportunities and overachieving your quotas. Though you are a master of the entire sales cycle, from cold call prospecting to exceptional follow-up and account management, you particularly excel at needs analysis and overcoming objections–even when it comes to raw data, you are able to find the narrative between the numbers and sell the story. As a sales person, you are driven by challenge and enjoy collaborating with colleagues to reach team goals. You tend to be more organized than others and have experience using Salesforce or other comparable CRM software. You are motivated by friendly competition and tend to rise to the top sales organizations as an enthusiastic self-starter that champions time management and creative problem solving. And to boot, your clients LOVE you.
What We Are Looking For In This Role: As an Account Executive, you will drive revenue by growing Leafly’s book of retail clients across the United States, increasing their contract value through upsells. Our SaaS and advertising products allow our clients to convert Leafly’s diverse, engaged audience into high average value orders and loyal customers. Sales duties will be focused managing the relationships of decisions makers at private retail cannabis stores that legally sell cannabis and cannabis related products to consumers. This is a fast-paced work environment; the ability to work quickly and independently under pressure is essential. And as we believe in the power of face-to-face interaction and connecting with our clients, possible travel within assigned territory is required. Here are some of your day to day responsibilities:
- Take a consultative approach to increase the contract value of existing clientele utilizing strategic marketing and advertising solutions
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory to meet or exceed monthly revenue targets; manage and improve existing client & agency relationships by providing expert-level insights
- Consistently evaluate total addressable market opportunity and manage available ad placement inventory
- Work independently as well as coordinate shared effort as part of a global sales team
- Employ a sense of urgency in Lead qualification and follow-up
- Use customer relationship management software (Salesforce) to log all communication and record vital account and contact information
- Achieve individual and territory team revenue targets quarterly and annually
- Work closely with leadership on sales strategy and forecast in order to create and manage a robust, healthy sales pipeline and funnel
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales Leadership Team and territory partners to develop and deliver an appropriate, relevant, and effective narrative for prospect and client communications
- Collect feedback to recommend improvements to existing or development of new products, service, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional group/events
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events as needed
- Monitor competition by gathering and reporting current marketplace intel (pricing, products, new services, marketing strategies and merchandising techniques) to Sales Leadership
- Fully understand federal and provincial rules and regulations surrounding cannabis, cannabis retail, and advertising/marketing cannabis within assigned territory
- Frequent travel across the United States and Canada for client prospecting and management (must be able to travel freely, including drive, rent a car, and obtain insurance)
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems. developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management
- Minimum of 2 years of relationship management experience, preferably in online media and/or advertising sales
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas
- Self-motivated with strong proposal, contract execution, and closing talents
- Demonstrated excellent and poised written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledgeable about Leafly and general interest in cannabis industry and legalization
- Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to execution of task; solution oriented
- Computer literate with Salesforce CRM, Google, and other digital marketing systems and social media networks
- Experience within a professional work environment
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively across different teams or departments
- Solid understanding of web-based advertising and/or SaaS sales
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.