Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job listing. Please contact Leafly with questions or to apply.
In our continuing quest to feature cannabis jobs in the Seattle/Tacoma area, we are sharing job information from Leafly. The second in this series is a position for a Marketing Coordinator (Social).
The Marketing Coordinator will grow and nurture our social channels and engage our Leafly community on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers. You will leverage social channels to convey the Leafly brand in a positive, authentic way to help aid and elevate the cannabis conversation. You will be responsible for the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content. You will identify target consumers by platform and build social programming that speaks to each platform’s unique style and audience. You will listen, respond, ask questions, and engage the community, responding to posts and direct messages in a timely fashion to ensure the community feels supported. You will promote content through social advertising, where possible. You will measure, analyze, and establish ROI by determining the KPI’s that matter most to each platform’s success, including audience growth, audience profile, audience engagement, content reach, response rate and quality, and negative feedback. You will use these learnings and insights to inform and pivot your strategies to optimize each channel.
- Understand each channel’s audience and develop custom programming to engage and grow Leafly’s social community
- Identify relevant content topics to reach target customers
- Create, curate, and manage published content (images, video and written)
- Monitor, listen, and respond to community in a timely fashion
- Nurture and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Oversee social designs
- Design, create, and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, where possible
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Map out a comprehensive social channel plan and delivers strategies that are proven by testing and metrics
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy to evolve programming
- Monitor effective benchmarks and build best practices for measuring the impact of social media campaigns
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize and optimize results
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding Leafly and escalate when needed
Requirements, Qualifications, and Competencies:
- 3+ years of developing and executing scalable data-driven social programs
- Experience in the technology industry; startup experience is a plus
- Demonstration of creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Proficiency in content marketing theory and application
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Ability to straddle the creative side and analytical side
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how each platform can be leveraged effectively
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere)
- Effective communication of information and ideas in written and video format
- Superior time management and detail orientation
- Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Experience in handling ambiguity by using common sense, problem-solving skills, and an acute sense of judgment
- General understanding of/and ability to troubleshoot issues with various file types, codecs, containers, etc…
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree
*Have you experienced the Leafly app? We are actively seeking individuals that understand our product and have a zest for learning more. Download on iOS and Android today and subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Leafly is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
Leave a Reply