Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Cannabis industry is rapidly evolving as consumer demand grows to encompass use for medicinal, recreational, and general health and wellness. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, innovative, industry leading Cannabis business that is looking to expand nationally and globally. Come be part of this emergent and entrepreneurial movement and help us envision and implement our strategy.
MFUSED is a leading Cannabis company based in Seattle, Washington, that aims to deliver innovative, accessible and effective marijuana and hemp-derived cannabinoid products to our loyal customers. As the largest and fastest growing marijuana processor in Washington State, we are committed to the highest quality, exceeding industry norms because we want our products to be safe and effective for people of all ages, states of physical health, and stages of life.
We are continuing to expand our operations within Washington, the West Coast, Arizona, Oklahoma and beyond! We are looking for a passionate person to strategically optimize and scale our growing labor force to support our future growth and success.
The Controller will serve as a key participant in Senior Management, providing leadership and coordination in the accounting, administrative and budgeting activities of the organization.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of MFUSED, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Other Duties as assigned
- Five years of progressively responsible accounting, management & supervisory experience.
- BA in accounting, finance or equivalent degree.
- Experience managing accounting workflow and implementing process improvements.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility and a willingness to submit to an in-depth prior employment confirmation and background check.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in support of supervisory and accounting workflow management.
- Interest in the cannabinoid industry and willing to dive into an emergent, highly dynamic business
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by program and staffing needs including evenings or weekends.
- Technology savvy with advanced knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Keen analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including non-finance managers.
- Demonstrated respect for diversity and commitment to developing multicultural competency sensitivity.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- CPA license (active or inactive).
- Experience overseeing and implementing accounting software.
- Experience with Gusto & uAttend Software
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MFUSED is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
All staff are required to wear the provided masks on site and follow all of the guidelines set out by the state of Washington. All staff are required to do a temperature check upon arriving at work each day.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply