Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Safe communities for Washington State
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco, cannabis and vapor laws.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. First application review will begin January 28, 2021 and then ongoing on a weekly basis. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
To further ensure public safety and in conjunction with our Governor’s proclamation of stay home, stay healthy and current guidelines related to COVID-19, interviews at this time will be conducted by video or phone conference as part of our recruitment process.
Who we areThe mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement. Your opportunity at a glanceAs the System Administrator, your responsibility includes setting standards, guidelines and procedures for the WSLCB Enterprise Salesforce platform using industry best practices, design, and oversight of configuration and development initiatives of Salesforce for a wide variety of business needs. In this role, your primary focus will be Salesforce platform administration and configuration of custom Salesforce components. As a key member of the Applications team, your focus will help ensure a smooth and efficient Salesforce configuration, implementation and integration based on technical and functional system requirements.
In addition, your position provides leadership to data conversions, system upgrades and enhancements to existing solutions, strategic direction, solution roadmaps, and mentorship for the platform product and to design, build, and maintain secure solutions. Your position also plans, defines the current and future enterprise architecture of Salesforce solutions, participates in designs multiple sub-application for solutions and integrations, coordinates, builds, documents, enhancements, and maintenance of applications and all inter-system and inter-agency interactions.
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Infant at Work program.
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being.
- Work/life balance.
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package.
As the System Administrator with a primary focus on maintaining and enhancing the Salesforce platform, you will manage, plan, analyze, consult, design, configure, write code, review vendor designs and development of applications, interfaces, and application components at an advanced-level for large and highly visible information systems and support large and highly complex multi-layered information systems.
Your primary duties will include:
- Design, build, test, document, and deploy high-performance, reusable, and reliable Salesforce components, modules, and applications using the most appropriate Salesforce automation tool (Visual flow, Lightning component, Apex code, etc.) and using best practices as well as business needs using Agile methodology.
- Build solutions using configuration, administration, and some custom development on the Salesforce platform. Adopt a configuration first approach in building Salesforce-based solutions using Service Cloud and other Salesforce Cloud offerings.
- Configure and develop custom objects, workflows, triggers, migration tools, SOSQL and REST-based web services using Apex programming, Lightning components, and related technology components.
- Securely Integrate Service Cloud solution with other systems using RESTful API and integration approach supported by Salesforce.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements that translate customer needs into well architected Salesforce technology solutions that support the agency’s strategic goals and best leverage Salesforce.
- Research, write and propose enterprise application architecture and configuration standards based on industry best practices for design, configuration and development on Salesforce.
- Participate in establish agency standard Salesforce administration tools and framework.
- Ensure functional Salesforce life cycle architecture strategy, standards and guidance for all Salesforce rollouts are designed, documented, communicated and updated on a regular basis.
- Analyze the performance of the development activities and documented resolutions. Identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service to prevent future problems.
- Participate in the development and implementation request handling and escalation policies and procedures. The expected outcome aligns escalation policies and procedures with expectations of the business owners, stakeholders, division and agency.
Working knowledge and progressive experience with the following:
- Salesforce automation tools, e.g. Visual Flow, Lightening Component, Apex Code, etc.
- Supporting and maintaining a Salesforce platform using a configuration first approach.
- SOSQL, RESTful API based web services, and Service Cloud.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Report Services (SSRS).
Advance knowledge and progressive experience with the following:
- Implementing system changes using Agile methodologies.
- Software Development Life Cycle standards and methodologies.
Working level knowledge and experience in the following:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Salesforce systems within an enterprise architecture framework.
- Developing, designing, reviewing and deploying code.
- Applying contract management principles to third-party vendor support/service agreements.
- Applying National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security guidelines to daily operating activities.
- Four (4) years of directly working with of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community, Marketing, Financial and Community Clouds
- Current Salesforce Advance Administrator or Architect Certification.
- Experience with Git and Salesforce DX deployment life cycle.
- Recent experience in building Lightning applications and using Lightning Design System, Lightning Implementation(s).
- Working experience and demonstrated advanced knowledge in .NET Framework, MVC, C#.
- Working knowledge and recent experience designing and building native and/or hybrid mobile applications for Windows, Android and iOS. Demonstrable experience with architecting and integrating backend business systems such as email, calendar and contacts with mobility solutions.
- Working knowledge and recent experience building web-based mapping applications using ESRI’s ArcGIS API.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Architecture and recent experience developing using PaaS, SaaS, IaaS with focus on scalability, security and integration challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in data science, information technology, web development, computer science, or related field, or four (4) years of demonstrated experience as an application architect and developer.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed online application.
- Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.