Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Safe communities for Washington State
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco cannabis and vapor laws. **Note: This recruitment is open until filled. Application review will be conducted on a weekly basis. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.To further ensure public safety and in conjunction with our Governor’s proclamation of stay home, stay healthy and current guidelines related to COVID-19, interviews at this time will be conducted by video or phone conference as part of our recruitment process.
Who we areThe mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement. Your opportunity at a glance
Within the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD), your position will report directly to the Quality Assurance & Systems Analysis Manager, overseeing the Quality Assurance Unit. You will be part of a division whose purpose is to advance public safety and drive compliance through technology.
In this role, you will supervise two journey-level quality assurance testers and serve as an active member of the ITSD leadership team. As the highest-level technical authority on systems quality assurance, this position regularly provides direction and consulting services to IT professionals as well as executive, senior and mid-level managers. Additionally, you will work with cross-agency, cross-divisional, and cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that system designs or modifications to agency applications and information systems meet business requirements and technical design specifications.
As the Senior Quality Assurance Supervisor, your position defines the test strategies and methodologies that are most likely to succeed for operational efforts and enterprise projects that are highly visible, highly complex and have wide-area impact. This position defines effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction metrics for testing, including identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Additionally, you will provide expert level technical support and guidance to ensure that mission critical system defects and failures are resolved through comprehensive testing prior to deployment of any code/configuration fix to the agency’s production level environments.
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Infant at Work program.
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being.
- Work/life balance.
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package.
As the Senior Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will serve as the agency’s highest technical software quality assurance expert for WSLCB’s regulatory, tax-collection and tax distribution information systems. Using your advanced knowledge of both functional and non-functional systems analysis standards, you will be charged with developing and maintaining agency standards related to system quality through testing.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct supervision of lower level testers including establishing position descriptions and performance expectations. Documentation of performance deficiencies and application of progressive discipline is required when expectations are not consistently being met.
- Establish short-term and long-term unit strategic goals and objectives reflected in a technical unit roadmap, ensuring alignment with the Division’s technical roadmap and the agency’s strategic plan.
- Lead, mentor and coach staff by providing advanced support in complex problem solving, work related activities, answering questions, providing direction/guidance on how to approach work assignments, and provide timely and meaningful feedback in process improvement activities.
- Provide staff with the information, resources, tools, training and authority needed to complete work assignments within scope, schedule and budget. Ensure staff maintain alignment with defined agency quality assurance standards.
- Lead and manage software quality assurance standards and practices, including:
- Quality control
- Test management
- Test planning
- Test development
- Test execution
- Defect management
- Test data collection and reporting
- Define, document and maintain test goals, objectives and priorities that have long term effects on software quality including organizational, fiscal and technical dependencies.
- Define effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction metrics for the test process, identifying opportunities for improvement including:
- Test analysis and design (effectiveness)
- Test implementation and execution (efficiency)
- Test results reporting and exit criteria evaluation (satisfaction)
- Develop, document, implement and maintain comprehensive and well-structured test cases and test scripts for manual and automated tests using a variety of software development/collaboration tools, platforms and languages including, but not limited to:
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Microsoft Test Manager
- Provide frequent feedback to developers, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements.
Advanced Knowledge and technical proficiency in the following:
- Software quality assurance strategies, methodologies, and processes.
- Configuration and utilization of defect tracking tools and techniques, e.g. Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA.
- Configuration and utilization of test management tool(s) and techniques, e.g. Visual Studio Team Systems (VSTS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
In addition to the requirements above, this position requires:
- Working level knowledge and progressive experience with database technologies, e.g. Oracle, SQL.
- Working level knowledge of hosting environment variables, e.g. Windows Operating Systems (OS) and Linux Server commands/configurations.
- Post-secondary education and/or degree in an Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following IT disciplines: business analysis, testing, or systems development.
- Software and Application Testing Certificate of training completion.
- Quality Assurance Institute (QAI)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
- International Institute for Software Testing (IIST)
- Experience working in a local/state/federal government environment where IT security best practices, policies, and procedures are required and audited, as well as having responsibility for developing, implementing and enforcing these types of policies and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed online application.
- Current Resume.
- Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.