Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Craft Elixirs, a growing cannabis edible company in Seattle, is searching for a Accounting Manager to establish financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. The ideal candidate must be entrepreneurial, able to multi-task and have strong integrity.
Who is Craft Elixirs?
Craft Elixirs has built a team of passionate foodies that craft our products by hand using only the finest local ingredients. We stand apart in the world of Cannabis-infused products by offering a truly artisan line of goodies. By using simple, clean ingredients in creative ways we produce an exciting variety of flavors and handcrafted THC & CBD infusions. To learn more, go to https://craftelixirs.com.
Key Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager:
- Perform day-to-day finance and accounting duties: managing payables and receivables, oversee month-end close in a timely manner, reconciling the bank (including credit cards) and investment accounts, overseeing cash management, and preparing monthly financial statements that are in compliance.
- Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximize return and limit risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Coordinate the bi-weekly payroll process with the external payroll provider. Ensure payroll data is submitted on-time and that pay rates, deductions and accruals are accurate. Review payroll reports and filings provided by the third-party administrator for accuracy.
- Responsible for administering employee benefit plans and protecting confidential information.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Must have proven experience with:
- Developing and managing processes
- Working with financial software (QuickBooks Desktop)
- Developing standard operating procedures
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
- Leadership Skills
- Ensure legal compliance
What the Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting/finance.
- Diverse background working with various businesses.
- High level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, meet deadlines, and produce results.
- Flexible and willing to adjust job tasks during high volume times.
Craft Elixirs offers a robust benefits package, which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Educational Stipend
- Industry Discounts
All Things HR, an external HR Consulting Company, has partnered with Craft Elixirs to assist with the hiring process. If this position looks like a fit for you, submit your cover letter and resume.
To keep staff safe in response to Covid-19, we follow pristine sanitation standards throughout the day. Staff get temperatures checked, wash hands and use hand sanitizer before entering our premises. Masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer are provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place