Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Solstice was the first commercial supplier of cannabis to the medical cannabis industry in 2011 and home to the first fully permitted large-scale cannabis production and processing facility in
Washington. In 2015 we transitioned into the recreational market and are now a leading cannabis company in Washington with a growing portfolio of brands.
Solstice is rapidly expanding, and we are in need of key talent to help foster our success while providing valuable strategy to the organization. The Marketing Manager will lead marketing and consumer insight for our current brands and assist in the marketing and communication of future brands or product concepts.
Solstice is seeking a candidate with a strong background as a storyteller to facilitate our success with brand, trade, and digital marketing. We are looking for a candidate who wishes to bring their experience and expertise to the growing cannabis industry and create a foundation for sustained success. The perfect candidate will be ready to hit the ground running on product communication, retail relationship coordination, social media execution, and brand identity development. This position will work closely with our Brand Manager who owns the design, voice, and image of our brands.
Diplomacy, clarity, and precision in writing and speaking are required. You will be a voice that Solstice vendors, consumers, media and visitors will encounter, and as such, we ask that you possess and employ excellent communication skills. Candidates are encouraged to submit published articles, interviews, research, or social campaigns that will help demonstrate professionalism and illustrate your ability to bring it.
Above all, this position asks for a consistently positive, friendly, and assertive manner with accounts, regulators, leadership, and the Solstice team. An organization in our type of growth mode needs to have exceptional an exceptional team to help support a quick-paced
(sometimes chaotic!) start-up environment.
Our product mix includes cannabis flower, pre-rolled joints and concentrates. To learn more about our flagship Solstice brand, visit solsticegrown.com.
We offer a competitive package that is results focused and rewards strong performance.
For specific duties and responsibilities please see below:
- Work with team to develop and understand comprehensive brand strategy
- Develop marketing strategy that help drive company objectives (budget, brand stories, sales goals, etc) across all portfolio brands o Solstice, Native Herb, Giant, Batch
- Analyze key demographics for each brand and develop targeted communication strategies
- Work with the Brand Manager to develop assets and content o Web, packaging, digital, print, POS, etc.
- Build and execute strategy to attract and execute earned media opportunities
- Work with Sales team to implement and execute campaigns
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results
- Develop and execute consumer feedback strategy and plan
- Work with Sales team to estimate demand for brands and products
- Work with Brand Manager to effectively communicate brand identities to Solstice team
- Analyze potential strategic partner relationships and present best opportunities to mgmt.
- Manage social media presence and develop strategy to improve reputation and recognition
- Analyze current brand positions against competitive set to identify areas of improvement
- Build on enduring brand messaging to increase sell-through and encourage brand loyalty
- Working closely and cooperatively across department to accomplish marketing goals
- 3+ years marketing experience
- Bubbling creativity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Public speaking and event management skills
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and communicate with management
- Familiarity with cannabis market and latest trends – cannabis connoisseur ideal
- Understanding of Solstice, Native Herb, and Giant brand positions ideal
- Flexible schedule – willingness to work nights and weekends to attend events/promotions
- Self starter
- Half hustler, half suit and tie
- Excellent merchandising skills
- Killer party throwing skills
Related keywords: marketing, marketing manager, social media
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place