Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Responsible for the assisting the Extraction lead in daily butane extraction and distillation of cannabis product while maintaining the upmost quality and safety precautions. Pending success in apprenticeship could lead to permanent employment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting extraction lead in daily tasks
- Unwavering attention to detail and ability to quickly learn mechanical processes.
- Interest in learning new extraction processes, and ability to be flexible in tasks assigned
- Demonstrates enthusiasm with new learning opportunities
- Assists in the processing and post processing activities and the setup, breakdown, and regular operation of the extraction room(s) as needed.
- Communicates with the extraction lead and interprets work orders to properly prioritize material for extraction.
- Disposes of waste and maintains waste in designated area.
- Tracks extraction inventory in which includes: tracks weight of each run while splitting lots in approved software and records waste product in compliance of state guidelines.
- Manipulates and refines crude extract.
- Maintains a clean and organized lab area and work space; performs continuous safety checks on machines and equipment which includes tools; notifies the Operations Manager of maintenance needs.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Operations Manager, extraction leaders, and fellow technicians
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Positive attitude contributing to a healthy team environment
- Flexibility in other tasks as assigned
- Ability to lift 70+ pounds
- Kneeling, stooping, bending, and reaching
- Ability to work in a dusty/dirty and noisy environment
- The ability to move safely in confined spaces
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
- Must be 21 years old or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job can have a high amount of noise with music, machinery and talking. May require prolonged sitting/standing and repetitive movements. Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place