In an e-mail received today from the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) –
Be a Panelist, Participant, or Listener
WSLCB Looking for Panelists for its First Deliberative Dialogue Sessions!
Do you want to share your perspectives about cannabis quality assurance testing? Would you like to share your experiences with fellow licensees, consumers, and others? Would you like to be part of a different way of sharing information and gaining understanding?
If you answered “yes,” let us know!
WSLCB has been working on developing new cannabis product-testing rules. A public hearing on proposed rules was held on November 18, 2020. While we heard oral comment from many licensees, we would like to hear from everyone in the supply chain so we have a better understanding of the complete system – processors, producers, retailers, consumers, and others. And we want everyone in the supply chain to have an opportunity to hear the wide range of perspectives
We’d like to hear from everyone in the supply chain so we have a better understanding of the complete system – processors, producers, retailers, consumers, and others. And we want everyone in the supply chain to have an opportunity to hear the wide range of perspectives.
About the sessions
LCB’s Policy and Rules manager Kathy Hoffman will moderate three sessions with different panelists and topics. To get the conversation started the sessions begin with prepared questions for each panel, with time near the end for audience questions and participation (online of course). Our goal is to increase communication between consumers, licensees, labs, and the agency.
The three session dates and topics as follows:
- January 28, 2020: Consumer Panel (4 -5 panelists)
- February 4, 2020: Processor/Producer Panel (5-6 panelists)
- February 11, 2020: Cannabis Testing Lab Panel (4 -5 panelists)
We want to make sure that each panel represents the rich diversity of our communities, license types, and growing practices. Can you help?
Please send the following information to email@example.com, attention Kathy Hoffman by close of business (5PM) on TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2020:
- Your name
- Which of the three panels and dates you’d like to be considered for
- Your contact information (email and phone number)
- Tell us if you are a consumer, producer, processor, producer/processor, retailer or lab employee or owner
- If you are a processor, producer or processor/producer, tell us:
- Your tier size (1, 2,or 3); whether you are an indoor or outdoor grower; and where you are located.
- Tell us three or four questions you’d like to ask others on your panel (for example, how do other producers sample? Or, when you purchase product, what are you looking for?)
We will be sending more information on the deliberative dialogue process, our panelist selection process, and other details.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to offer your perspectives on an important topic – send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, type in the subject line “Attention Kathy Hoffman” today!!