Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Cannabis industry is quickly evolving as consumer demand grows to encompass use for medicinal, recreational and general health and wellness. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, innovative, industry leading Cannabis business that is looking to expand nationally. Come be part of this emergent and entrepreneurial movement and help us imagine and implement our strategy.
The MFUSED Group is a leading Cannabis company based in Seattle, Washington, that aims to deliver innovative, accessible and effective marijuana and hemp-derived cannabinoid products to our loyal customers. Our group consists of MFUSED, the largest and fastest growing marijuana processor in Washington State, as well as Canvas Therapeutics, a cannabinoid therapy startup that formulates and supplies cutting edge healthcare solutions developed by our clinical experts. We are committed to the highest quality, exceeding industry norms because we want our products to be safe and effective for people of all ages, states of physical health, and stages of life.
With 30+ current employees, we are continuing to expand our operations within Washington, the West Coast, Arizona, Oklahoma and beyond! We are looking for a passionate person to strategically optimize and scale our growing labor force to support our future growth and success.
To make this transformation possible, we seek a highly skilled, compassionate and driven individual who embraces change to join our team. If you have what it takes, this experience will be like no other place you’ve ever worked in terms of having the opportunity to have high impact to a emerging industry.
We are in search of an Human Resources professional with an entrepreneurial and hands-on approach to their craft. You will support our mission by working with our leadership team across the business to ensure the MFUSED Group is a great place to work for everyone. Responsibilities will also include identifying and recruiting new talent, as well as nurturing and motivating current employees. This a great opportunity for someone with 3-5 years’ experience (as an HR assistant, generalist or a recruiter looking to level up) who is looking for intense, but rewarding challenges.
You will report directly to the Management Committee (including the CEO and founders) and be responsible for managing all human resource initiatives, including recruiting/workforce planning, onboarding, employee relations, coaching/development, employee engagement, employee performance measurement, compensation/benefits, conflict management, hiring/termination and ad hoc projects as needed. Other essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead all talent and people programs and initiatives
- Help management develop and champion the MFUSED culture
- Champion and embody our mission and values
- Lead hiring activity with tracking all open requisitions, and managing the headcount request and job posting processes
- Lead the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates for key roles, assist hiring managers with shortlisting, coordinate interviews, issue offer letters, etc.
- Perform other recruiting tasks with a focus to grow our company’s talent pipeline
- Identify and anticipate people issues, provide day to day guidance and coaching to managers and team members on how to navigate and resolve employee relation issues, with a view to strengthening our overall talent level of people leadership and building an informed employee population
- Build collaborative relationships with leaders and cross-functional groups to help design and roll out effective people programs and initiatives, including performance management and development, talent and compensation programs and processes. Visit MFUSED Group locations as needed to be effective
- Support change management: help adoption of talent by providing employees and managers with a clear vision of why change is required, and the way change is going to be implemented
- Enforcing and investigating discrimination and unfair employment practices
- Assisting in handling relationships between employees
- Managing methods of evaluating employee performance for compensation
- Staying up to date on changes to employment laws and human resources and policies
- Developing procedures for employee corrective action
- Ensuring employee policies are being followed and corrective action taken.
- Oversee employee attendance and working schedules including breaks, overtime and paid time off
- Prepare job offers and employment contracts
- Manage payroll and keep updated records of payments
- Calculate payroll considering overtime, holidays, and evening shifts
- Plan attractive compensation and benefits packages to increase retention
- Will perform activities such as selection & recruitment, as well as exit interviews.
- Hiring / assisting with disciplining / documenting / terminating
- Schedule onboarding sessions and job-related trainings for all employees
- He/she will be responsible for the organizational design and appropriate budgeting of HR initiatives and manpower;
- Improving and monitoring performance management, by building & maintaining a performance-driven culture through communication, follow-up, and giving support to the departments in providing the necessary tools for training and development and performance management;
- Review compensation and wage structure
· Familiar with various talent acquisition tools, like resume databases and online communities, social media recruiting
· Successfully demonstrated the ability to effectively partner and influence others without direct authority
· Be highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company and career opportunity to support your growth
· Possess a high sense of urgency, initiative, and common sense; you thrive in hyper-growth, fast-paced and feedback driven environments
· Possess a high degree of integrity and honesty; and are able to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
· Build trust easily and are known for your deep relationships across an organization
· Knowledgeable or have strong desire to learn multiple human resource disciplines including recruiting/workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, coaching/development, employee engagement, conflict management
· Good at objectively coaching employees and people managers through difficult issues
· Able to identify business needs, provide insightful data to guide decision-making and offer proactive solutions, support the implementation of business solutions, and monitor progress and results
· Ability to multi-task, work well in an environment subject to changing priorities and demands, and still effectively prioritize and organize your workload to meet deadlines
· Cross-functional communication comes naturally in solving problems and addressing roadblock
· Be exceptionally organized
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Psychology or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources
- 1- 2 years of work experience as an HR Manager, preferably in the Transformation industry or start-up ecosystem
- General knowledge of employment laws, compliance and best practices
- Related HR Certifications are a plus
- Strong analytical skills (problem assessment, solution generation)
- Self-starter, with a “let’s get things done” attitude and resourceful mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, work independently, be proactive, take initiative to achieve goals
- Emotionally intelligent and self-aware, collaborative, supportive
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience at a startup, fast-paced retail or manufacturing company is a plus
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, in particular); G Suite: Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Sheets, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Seattle, WA 98108 (Required)
- United States (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply