Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Nectar LLC is a licensed tier 2, I-502 recreational cannabis farm located near Concrete, WA. We proudly produce top quality cannabis that is pesticide free. We strive to create a work environment that is fun, supportive and very productive. We have a small team where every member really makes a difference.
We are hiring now for both full time and part time (on call) flower trimmers. Available hours for part time positions will be variable from day to day and week to week depending upon crop harvests.
In this role your primary duty will be to remove dried flower from stems, remove excess leaves and stems from dried and cured cannabis flower so that the flower is clean, beautiful and ready to package. The goal of a trimmer is to work through large quantities of dried flower as quickly as possible yet handle the material gently without causing any unnecessary damage. The trimmer also needs to keep a keen eye on quality control as they play a major role in determining the appearance of our products as seen by our customers. This requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to follow directions closely and maintain high quality work at a fast pace throughout the work day. This also requires that you are capable of sitting at the trim station for full shifts to process large quantities each day. At times one variety of flower may require a different approach to another to meet these goals properly therefore the ability to apply critical thinking skills to your tasks is required. All this needs to be done while maintaining detailed records to meet the needs of management and the state regulators. Employees must follow security and compliance protocols as determined by the management and state authorities at all times.
*** COVID-19 RELEVANT INFORMATION ***
Cannabis production has been deemed a necessary service for our community. Our goal is to maintain full production during this crisis. We will be following community health recommendations diligently to protect ourselves and others from the spread of this virus. Prospective employees must understand that following guidelines for physical distancing and adherence to public health guidelines are crucial, both at work and when away. We will only hire people who understand and follow these guidelines. Since we are operating with a reduced staff level to maintain safe working conditions, we need all employees to be very efficient and proficient at the required tasks. If you become ill or are exposed to someone who is known to have or might have the Corona-19 virus, you will need to be honest about this exposure or illness and stop working immediately.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
Have significant I502 trimming experience
Legally able to work in the state of Washington
21 years of age or older
Have reliable transportation to our facility
Be punctual and reliable every work day
Maintain good personal hygiene
Work and communicate positively with others in a group setting
Follow directions yet work independently to meet production goals
Able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs safely
Sit or stand at a work station performing repetitive motion tasks for full work days (with breaks)
Ability to maintain records on the details of work done throughout the day
Uses good communication skills with coworkers and management
Attention to detail
Applies personal accountability and responsibility
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Conducting a daily personal health assessment at the start of the shift
Fill out personal time sheet accurately to record daily work start, stop and break times
Use a scale to weigh out product that needs to be trimmed or has been trimmed
Track trimming weights and times on paper ensuring these details are provided to your manager each shift
Check labels / packaging for accuracy and organization
Follow directions regarding how product should be trimmed, handled, packaged, and / or appear when done
Perform quality control on packages and product as necessary
Maintain a clean work environment
Daily cleaning of personal work space as well as the group work space as necessary
At times the trimmer may be required to do other work as necessary which may include harvest, bucking, packaging, order preparation, cleaning work areas etc.
All employees will be actively participating in daily sanitation practices
**Consumption of cannabis, alcohol or other intoxicants is not allowed**
Work days are Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Some extended hours and weekend work may be required from time to time to fulfill orders.
How to successfully apply:
1. Please provide an up to date resume listing all work experience for the past 5 years.
2. Please provide work references for each listed work experience. References should be your current or former supervisor, manager or employer. References should not be friends, coworkers, family etc.
3. Make sure your contact info is current so we can get a hold of you. Please include a current phone number and working email address on your resume.
We are very busy so we will only respond to applicants who meet these requirements and follow instructions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees wear face masks. Gloves are provided. Work areas are kept clean and sanitized daily.
- Trimming: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma