Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Cookies Retail is a preferred global retail partner of Cookies that will be opening and operating store across the US and beyond. The District Manager is responsible for building & leading the store and sales teams for Cookies Retail.
The successful candidate will be expected to represent the Cookie’s values across all Cookies Retail stores.
This position will partner closely with Retail Operations, Finance, Training, Product, HR and Loss Prevention to ensure both retail and independent market objectives of the company business plans are achieved.
This position will play a critical role to insure we have a pipeline of future leaders through hiring, training, developing and promoting Cookies Retail talent from entry level roles up into management roles within the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Achieve retail store sales and targets.
- Recruits, engages and retains best in class talent.
- Coaches, mentors and leads in all aspects of producing a world class customer experience including loyalty programs, visual presentation, product knowledge and go-to-market strategies.
- Execute all Retail Calendar strategies and initiatives.
- Create the ideal in store experience for customers by scheduling the right people, in the right place, at the right time to drive top line sales and leverage payroll costs.
- Work with operations, loss prevention and compliance teams to strive for operational excellence and exhibit strong shrink controls.
- Works with senior leadership and HR on succession planning to build bench strength.
- The District Manager has full P&L responsibility for their area.
- Passion for and knowledgeable about Cannabis
- Passion for Cookies Culture
- BA/BS – Business or Communications (preferable)or minimum of 5 years of applicable or commensurate experience in a similar level role
- Experience with a proven track record in leading large retail and independent selling organizations
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of market and industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies
- Resource Development – driving sales and profitability
- Excellent mentoring, training, and development skills
- Superior business acumen, planning and target goal setting
- Computer skills with good Excel capabilities
- Thorough understanding of the Cannabis industry
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Interviewing and hiring skills
- Leadership and delegation
- Coach, motivate and develop
- Decision making and problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Performance management and execution
- Business acumen
This person is directly responsible for managing the Store Management and Associates.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequent travel outside of the local area and overnight. Some international travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $1.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations