Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
This position works in a cannabis growing and processing business. The Garden Technician performs all daily tasks set forth by the Production Management to maintain plant health and rotations throughout plant life cycles. The Production department is responsible for all major labor movements such as transplanting, harvesting, tagging, trellising, lowers, spray application, spray equipment maintenance, cloning, and cleaning in addition to non-technical general plant maintenance. The department also is responsible for all watering, nutrient mixes, integrated pest management applications, identifying signs of poor plant health, and maintaining sterilization protocols.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates Zen Asset Management s Core Values and Principles at all times.
- Performs daily tasks as directed by the Production Management
- Understands basic plant anatomy to perform plant maintenance techniques appropriate for each plant stage to maintain optimal growing conditions
- Has basic knowledge of plant health signs/symptoms
- Can maintain a fast work pace while performing strenuous activities
- Responsible for maintaining a clean working environment and properly following all sterilization protocols
- Safely operate all associated equipment such as pressure washer, push carts, pruners, etc.
- Identify and report to management any grow-house equipment or machinery that is not working properly
- Cut clones and propagate plants, as assigned
- Performs all transplants, plant spacing, and plant movements throughout the facility
- Washes nursery containers for reuse
- Inspect crops for any signs that might affect plant health including pest identification, nutrient imbalances, under/overwatering, and notify management or supervisors of any issues.
- Understand and implement daily watering techniques appropriate for each plant stage, maintaining optimal moisture levels and target nutrient concentrations in the growing media for each plant individually
- Prunes lower branches off plants without compromising plant health or yield
- Accurately measure and mix appropriate formulas for all plant stages and formula rotations as directed by Production management
- Operate multiple plumbing configurations and accessory equipment used in daily operations.
- Execute all spray applications, including using appropriate formula mixes and timing, as assigned
- Maintain spray equipment, as assigned
- Responsible for harvesting plants in preparation for drying and processing
- Familiarity and compliance with sections of WAC Chapter 314-55 applicable to job role
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience, and Legal Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of first interview
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required to effectively perform the job
- Proven ability to delegate tasks; including training employees as needed
- Ability to pick up new concepts easily. Strong attention to detail, which includes the ability to accurately keep records
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility in changing roles and requirements during the day
- Understands the metric system of measurements
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with respect at all times (written and verbal)
- Ability to organize work within company parameters
- Work efficiently and effectively in a prioritized fashion
- Ability to listen objectively and be coached without defensiveness
- Ability to ask questions about current practices
- Actively contributes to process improvement
- Does what they say they will do
- Able and willing to work with plants – potting, harvesting, trellising, trimming, cleaning, etc.
- Zen Asset Management facilities are open from 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM Monday through Sunday, depending on the facility
- The normal work week is 40 hours, your supervisor will explain your positional schedule and what schedule variances might happen in the course of business
- Most work is conducted in a warehouse-type environment in which warmer or cooler than normal temperatures may exist, with sometimes humid conditions, depending on the department
- Cannabis odor present in varying degrees
- Ability to sit or stand in one place for long periods of time
- Must be able to periodically work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to concentrate on a detailed task for long periods of time
- The ability to periodically lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds