Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Focal PLLC, a twelve attorney firm based in Seattle (with a focus on technology, media, and internet law) is seeking an experienced litigation attorney to support our growing litigation practice. Our ideal candidate has at least 4-6 years of experience. We would be open to someone with more experience.
We handle a range of litigation matters, including commercial disputes, cases involving scraping/aggregation, brand protection matters, copyright and trademark disputes (including in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board), corporate divorces, cannabis disputes, and arbitrations.
- We are looking for someone who is able to manage all aspects of a case, ranging from intake to conclusion.
- Experience with trademark and copyright disputes is a plus, but not required.
- Strong writing and editing skills are key.
- The applicant must have experience dealing with e-discovery.
- Judicial clerkships are a plus, but not required.
- We work in a distributed environment so the person needs to be comfortable working in this setting (e.g., using Google docs, Slack, and receiving projects via email, conference calls, etc.). That said, we work collaboratively.
- Proficiency in using online tools and basic technology competence (e.g., being able to convert a document from Google docs to Word) is important. We have paralegals and support staff, but our lawyers should be able to take care of the basics in this regard, if necessary. In a pinch, you should be able to format and file your own documents.
- We place a high premium on diversity. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in looking at cases from a business standpoint. For example, the lawyer should have some ability to evaluate whether or not we want to take a particular matter on a contingency basis. The lawyer also should have some demonstrated interest in marketing, business development, and overall practice development.
We are proud that Focal maintains a collaborative work environment with legal professionals who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Focal is a minority owned business. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law. We have a great team and consider ourselves a lifestyle firm in that we try not to work ourselves to death while at the same time handling sophisticated and interesting work.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
To ensure the safety of each team member, Focal has transitioned to fully remote work.
- Bar (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Company’s Facebook page: