Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Greenfoot Government Corporation
RETAIL POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Budtender
$15.00/hr – 19.00/hr
12820 Yelm SE, Olympia, WA
Retail Store General Manager
SUMMARY: This position reports to the Retail Store General Manager and is primarily responsible for providing customer service and education to clientele while promoting a work environment that is positive, service oriented and compliant with established policies and applicable laws/regulations/ordinances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Retail Sales Work
- Meet and greet all customers who enter the premises.
- Conduct required identification checks on each customer when completing transactions.
- Responsible for the satisfaction and safety of each customer.
- Educate customers by explaining the qualities, including potential medical values, of cannabis products to match customer interest and needs.
- Help customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions.
- Input required customer and product information into the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Assist in opening/closing of store (daily inventory and cash management).
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Maintain stock and inventory control.
- Work with management to increase sales.
Due to our commitment to customer service and the well-being of our team, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of administrative and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma OR G.E.D. Required.
Two years of Retail or Customer Service experience preferred.
Must be 21 years of age.
Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and other staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent and interpret graphs.
Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of cannabis and its various uses.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and ability to familiarize oneself with applicable Tribal Ordinances/Regulations.
- Skilled in computer programs and cash management.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
Ability to perform manual labor tasks which can include sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, reaching, performing repetitive tasks, and frequently lifting up to 50 pounds.
This is atypical store setting; noise level ranges from quite to loud but is usually moderate.
NATIVE PREFERENCE IN EMPLOYMENT:
The Greenfoot Government Corporation gives preference to qualified Native Americans in all hiring, promotion, training, lay-offs, and all other aspects of employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Greenfoot Government Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status or ancestry, sexual orientation or sensory, mental, physical, or other non-disqualifying disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Every week
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Every other week
- Waiting period may apply