Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Please apply through Indeed and include a cover letter along with your resume. Note, we are not accepting resumes in person. Please do not call to inquire about this listing.
We are Trove Cannabis, a WA state marijuana retailer on Samish Way in Bellingham, WA, and we are looking to add a part-time retail sales associate to our team! Prior industry experience is not necessary, but retail sales experience is very desirable. Trove is a fast pace sales environment that sees a high volume in customer traffic. We’re looking for someone who thrives as part of a team but can also take initiative and complete daily tasks with energy and enthusiasm. Absolutely must enjoy interacting with guests in a customer service environment. Must be 21 or older to apply.
Objective of the Position: Sales Associates work closely and in conjunction with other sales staff, back-office staff, and management to support business objectives. Being a positive team player is essential to your success as a Sales Associate. Sales Associates deliver superior service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. Sales Associates take initiative and support a positive team culture.
Availability: Must be able to work flexible shifts.
* Part time 2-3 days a week (16 to 24 hours per week estimated)
* Available to work evenings, weekdays and weekends
* Available to work on holidays
Supervision Received (to whom the position reports): Store Manager
Supervisory responsibilities (direct reports if any, and level of supervision): None.
Job Summary (an outline of job responsibilities): A successful Sales Associate will maximize the customer experience at Trove while driving sales through engagement with customers, suggestive selling, maintaining a clean and organized store, communicating product knowledge, and always being friendly and professional.
Competency/Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills, abilities):
o Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
o Service Orientation – Looking for ways to help people.
o Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
o Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
o Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding motivation.
o Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
o Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions.
o Social Perceptiveness – Understanding people’s reactions.
o Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
o Speech and writing clarity for oral and written expression – Speaking and writing clearly to communicate to others.
o Oral and reading comprehension – Listening to and reading to understand what people communicate.
o Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
o Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
o English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Essential Functions (detailed tasks, duties, and responsibilities): Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the list below.
· Greets customers and ascertains what each customer wants or needs.
· Recommends, selects, and locates product based on customer wants and needs.
· Ensures all product is tracked via the state mandated traceability system by properly ringing up all items per company procedures in the point of sale software.
· Opens and closes point of sale tills.
· Ensures no minors enter the store, browse or purchase product by vigilantly checking customer IDs and following company policies to prevent underage sales.
· Acts with integrity and honesty while promoting Trove, handling inventory, and interacting with guests.
· Maintains industry and product knowledge by completing required educational training material.
· Maintains cleanliness and organization throughout the shop including interior/exterior facilities, common areas and product/merchandise displays.
· Manages time effectively and meets all job responsibilities (stocking, cleaning, organizing, displaying product etc.).
· Maintains a positive environment for co-workers, customers, and vendors.
· Serves customers according to Trove’s standards of quality, consistency, and timeliness using the customer service and sales directive provided during training.
· Brings issues and concerns to the attention of management as needed.
· Assist inventory team members as needed and restocks regularly.
· Maintain a regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
· Sales Associates must display compassion and confidentiality when handling medical sales and confirming medical cards within the state approved database.
· Maintains knowledge of current sales, promotions, policies, and security practices.
· Exchanges and returns products for customers.
Education and Experience (required levels): Ideally 1 year minimum of retail, sales or customer service experience.
Physical Factors (type of environment): Mainly indoors in a busy retail store environment. Reaching overhead, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending down, typing at a computer, stocking, standing, and sitting for long periods of time.
Working conditions (shifts, overtime requirements as needed): Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays. Schedule, hours, and overtime requirements may change due to evolving business needs.
Unplanned Activities (other duties as assigned): This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
* Trove Cannabis is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be treated fairly, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.69 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
To keep our staff as safe as possible we have installed plexiglass barriers, provide face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, hand washing stations and complete very regular cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- retail sales: 1 year (Required)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Bellingham, WA 98225 (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Every other week
- Store Manager
- Every other week
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply