Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
HempStaff is seeking an experienced Nursery Manager to be apart of our team and brain trust in the running of a large scale Cannabis Farm. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all managerial functions including hiring and training staff, ordering stock and supplying the required plant material to the farms as per schedule. You will also be required advise on the growing and maintenance of all the plants in the nursery and farms.
To ensure success as a Nursery Manager, you should have in-depth knowledge of horticulture, excellent managerial skills, and a passion for large scale organic farming. Ultimately, a top-class Nursery Manger should be able to maintain a healthy nursery and farm ecosystem and ensure the success of the business while being a great team player.
Nursery Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and improving the daily functions of the nursery.
- Opening the nursery in the morning and closing at the end of the day.
- Hiring and training nursery staff.
- Creating staff work rosters and delegating duties.
- Ordering nursery stock including soil, stones and fertilizers.
- Germinating 200,000+ seeds in the germination greenhouse for the season.
- Generating 30,000+ clones for the greenhouses.
- Breeding and cross breeding cannabis genetics.
- Breed / Generate 1,000,000 feminized seeds.
- Be apart of the brain trust to develop good farming practices.
- Monitoring and advising watering times, soil conditions, and plant positions.
- Monitoring and advising weather conditions and paying special attention to hot or cold temperatures.
Nursery Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Studies, Horticulture, or a similar field.
- 3+ Years’ experience working as a Nursery Manager.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Detailed knowledge of plant production, soil, fertilizers, and growing techniques.
- Experience with hiring and training staff.
- Ability to create work rosters and delegate duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service.
- Responsible and punctual.
- Familiarity with POS and stock ordering software systems
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- nursery manager: 3 years (Required)
- POS and stock ordering software: 3 years (Required)
- plant production, soil, fertilizers, and growing techniques: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Company’s Facebook page: