Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Trove Cannabis is hiring for an Inventory Control Clerk! This job might be for you if you love data entry and paying very close attention to detail, can successfully manage your time, bend, lift and climb on a ladder and if you have excellent written and verbal communication. This job requires someone who is flexible, positive and adapts well to change. The schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday from 8:30 am to 5 pm and will work in the back office of our retail store as a part of the administrative team.
***REQUIRED: Please submit both a resume and a cover letter to be considered for this position. ***
Job Status: Non-Exempt – Part Time or Full Time
Position Title: Inventory Control Clerk
Class: Class 3 Administrative – Benefits include 80 hours of PTO awarded each anniversary and on your start date. All Washington state employees earn 1 hour of sick time per 40 hours worked and can carry over 40 hours each year. Participation option for SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with a 3% company match. Participation option in our medical, dental and vision benefits offering with a 50% premium contribution from the company. Paid holidays for most major federal holidays, see HR for current year’s list of paid days. Employee discount and occasional samples of product for review purposes.
Objective of the Position: A successful Inventory Control Clerk will assist in maximizing store profitability and the customer experience by accurately recording inventory levels, displaying product in line with current merchandising and retail display procedures, and maintaining inventory on hand and the storage areas associated with inventory. Being a positive team player is essential to your success. Successful team members take initiative and support a positive team culture. Inventory Control Clerks support the business objectives by assisting with inventory, recordkeeping and display related projects and tasks. Inventory Control Clerks must be extremely detail-oriented as well as having excellent written and verbal communication skills. Successful Inventory Control Clerks need strong clerical skills to help them with their organizational and recording responsibilities.
Supervision Received (to whom the position reports): Currently reports to Public and Industry Liaison.
Supervisory responsibilities (direct reports if any, and level of supervision): None.
Job Summary (an outline of job responsibilities): As an Inventory Control Clerk you will intake product, issue payment to suppliers, process returns, maintain inventory storage areas, create menu tags for products, put products on display on the sales floor, take pictures of products for menus, interact with customers as needed, ensure product will ring up properly at the point of sale, and accurately document all incoming and outgoing inventory in various company systems. All of these responsibilities ultimately facilitate sales to customers on the sales floor and maintain state required records in the traceability system for our industry.
Competency/Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills, abilities):
· _ Skills _
o Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
o Service Orientation – Looking for ways to help people.
o Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
o Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
o Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
o Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions.
· _ Abilities_
o Speech and writing clarity for oral and written expression – Speaking and writing clearly to communicate to others.
o Oral and reading comprehension – Listening to and reading to understand what people communicate.
o Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
o Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
o Extent Flexibility — The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
o English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Essential Functions (detailed tasks, duties, and responsibilities): Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the list below.
· Receive and account for inventory items, and accurately record data on the computer using various programs and systems.
· Pack and unpack inventory items for returns, intake and storage.
· Prepare and process any returns or rejects to suppliers as needed and record per procedures in company systems.
· Compile, review, store and maintain electronic and or physical data from suppliers regarding purchases and returns including but not limited to manifests, invoices and testing results.
· Maintain, clean and organize inventory storage areas in the back of the house.
· Create, maintain, correct and update product menu cards/price tags as needed. Monitors menu cards/price tags for accuracy regularly ensuring there are no handwritten items and that the information regarding products is professional and adheres to company procedures.
· Confirms that all products received into inventory have accurate, scannable labels at the point of sale.
· Confirms that all incoming deliveries match the expected order by reviewing project management platform and updates the system with progress as required.
· Issues payment to suppliers for product at the time of delivery.
· Takes pictures of products per company procedures.
· Puts product out on display in accordance with company procedures.
· Communicates and coordinates daily with suppliers, Store Manager, and other teammates in order to achieve shared business goals.
· Participates in various inventory audits.
Education and Experience (required levels): Minimum 1 year experience of clerical, data entry or inventory processing desired.
Physical Factors (type of environment): Indoors in a busy retail store environment. Reaching overhead, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending down, typing at a computer, reading documents, stocking, kneeling, bending, twisting, as well as standing and sitting for long periods of time.
Working conditions (shifts, overtime requirements as needed): Schedule, hours, and overtime requirements may change due to evolving business needs. Current schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 am to 5 pm about 36 to 40 hours per week.
Unplanned Activities (other duties as assigned): This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
Job descriptions, policies, procedures, and schedules may change. As an Inventory Control Clerk, Trove expects a high level of performance. We are here to help you succeed, and we are constantly trying to improve our processes. As a part of that philosophy, Inventory Control Clerks will be subject to performance evaluations from management periodically. This provides us with the appropriate tools to help develop, grow, and guide our employees within the organization. Communication is key to workplace success. Most importantly, we want you to have fun while you are working! When our team members are positive and relaxed, our customers notice and feel more comfortable shopping with us. It is of the utmost importance to maintain an approachable and open-minded demeanor while at work and to treat others respectfully.
* Trove Cannabis is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applicants and employees will be treated fairly, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
To keep our team as healthy and safe as possible we provide face masks, gloves and complete regular sanitizing of high touch surfaces as well as plexiglass barriers in the front of house between staff and customers.
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply