Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Our company is looking for someone passionate and with the proven ability to build and drive business relationships with vendors, suppliers, large customers, and other key business partners. A successful candidate will work closely with our sales team, vendors, and customers – touching every part of the sales cycle. You must have a strong attention to detail and be able to juggle multiple projects at once. You will need to become an expert of all the in’s and out’s for each vendor, so you can answer logistical and technical questions for both our sales team and customers. You will be an effective leader and communicator, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. You will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors
- Assist sales group with getting price quotes from vendors, creating POs, and then sending POs to vendors, making sure orders are submitted on time and accurately
- Following up with vendors periodically to ensure orders are made and shipped on time
- Meeting with new potential vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns
- Conducting interviews with new vendors and informing approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations
- Work with management on establishing standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors
- Evaluating current vendor management programs and identifying ways to improve them.
- Gather and input customer order information into proper systems
- Determine customer needs through effective questioning and understanding of each product/vendor
- 1-3 years of administrative experience, preferably in relation to sales or vendor management
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet scheduled deadlines
- Other duties include assisting with monthly forecasting, creating jobs, quotes, and sales orders, credits and rebill, retrieve lien data, and resolve unapplied payments
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
- IN-OFFICE ONLY – TACOMA/FIFE
You must be a self-starter to work here! We are a small start-up and you will be in charge of your domain with the ability to start your own internal projects. If you are looking for a job where you can take on many different responsibilities and learn new skills – please reach out! The right candidates will be flexible, action and results oriented, self-starting, have strong analytical skills, and be comfortable with computer databases and tools. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment.
IN-OFFICE ONLY – TACOMA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Lakewood, WA 98499 (Required)
- In 5-10 sentences: Why do you want this role and what experiences/skills will make you succeed?