Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Dockside Cannabis is a Washington State Licensed (I-502) retailer specializing in quality medical and recreational cannabis products and accessories. We currently manage stores in Shoreline, SODO, Ballard and Green Lake.
Dockside is committed to being a leader in the legal cannabis industry. Here’s a little of what makes us different:
- We opened one of the first medical dispensaries in Washington State, and were the very first to be certified as a reliable source for quality cannabis products under the Patient Focused Certification program.
- Dockside offers industry-leading wages and benefits including health insurance, 401K and paid time off.
- We offer a drug-free workplace. While Dockside employees enjoy a generous 40% employee discount and product samples to aid in their education, we expect employees to consume cannabis responsibly and on their own time.
- Living Dockside isn’t about escaping life. It’s a launch point for exploring the world, accomplishing great things, but always coming back to the people and values that matter.
This is a role that will be crucial in Dockside’s financial infrastructure, procedures and analysis. It is a hands-on position that requires an individual with strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work independently and the capacity to handle multiple work streams at once. This is a full-time, salaried role with excellent benefits; reports to the Managing Director. As of March 2020, due to COVID, this is a remote position with once weekly, in person, covid-safe trips to our Fremont offices for mail, deposits, and check printing, as well as an occasional store visit to support in store accounting.
Anticipated responsibilities include but are not limited to are to:
- Responsible for bookkeeping tasks for all entities managed (currently there are 6).
- Manage cash tracking, logistics and reconciliation at the retail level. (No cash handling.)
- Record all transactions in accordance with operational and tax policies and maintain excellent backup documentation.
- Ensure that all supplier, operational and compliance obligations are paid in a timely manner and manage the tracking of company purchasing through debit cards, on-line payments, and check remittance.
- Record payroll transactions via journal entries and coordinate with HR on other payroll functions and reporting.
- Support retail inventory order tracking, inventory management, vendor payments, and auditing.
- Play a major role in monthly closing procedures (in coordination with our accountant), including but not limited to: month end journal entries, financial reporting with variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, pre-paid and accrual tracking, etc.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales and metrics reporting using existing reporting system.
- Submit monthly sales and excise tax filings to the Washington State Department of Revenue and Liquor and Cannabis Board. Manage additional tax and license filings and payments with various other regulatory agencies and jurisdictions.
- Business administration tasks including mail sorting, permit renewals, bank deposits, etc.
- Other ad hoc projects, analysis and historical research as needed
Qualifications and requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting, bookkeeping or analysis role with increasing responsibilities.
- At least 3 years experience with QuickBooks accounting/bookkeeping software packages, preferably QuickBooks Online
- Thorough understanding of accounting and bookkeeping concepts and practices, and the ability to effectively articulate and implement this knowledge
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets
- Prior experience with payroll accounting and processing
- The desire to achieve professional and personal growth through increasing responsibilities, new experiences and subject matter knowledge
- Strong attention to detail, in addition to robust organizational, time-management and communication skills
- Background check and NDA required
Experience with the following will make your application even more competitive:
- Experience with QuickBooks Online in a high-volume retail environment
- Experience with POS and inventory tracking systems
- Experience with Sales, Excise, Payroll and B+O tax filings
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in a high compliance workplace
- Experience with intercompany transactions
- Experience with IRC 280E and accounting implications
- Experience with PowerBI, Tableau, or other data visualization or business intelligence platforms
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative work environment in an emerging market. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
Dockside is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,000.00 – $58,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19