Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
If you like working in a clean, comfortable setting and are a reliable, hard-working individual, we would like to talk with you. Currently we need a technician to maintain our plants in tissue culture (ex. trim plants and transfer into fresh growing media) and perform basic lab operations (ex. dishwashing, inventory, cleaning). This individual will need to have a keen eye for detail, good dexterity, and be able to focus on a task for hours. We are looking for someone who has patience and finds satisfaction in the process of completing a job. Following training, most of this work will be completed on site independently.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the art and science of plant tissue culture and how modern plant nurseries produce clean plants. Additionally, we allow for very flexible determination of your own working hours. There is opportunity for additional hours and overtime if desired. Previous experience in this area is a plus, but not required.
Background: Foundation Plant Sciences (FPS) is a plant biotechnology company supplying cannabis tissue culture plants to licensed cultivators across the State of Washington. FPS products provide direct value to farmers and greenhouse operators as premium plants produced in tissue culture are vigorous, less susceptible to pests and pathogens, and higher yielding.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
– Perform basic lab duties during shift including:
– Run autoclave to sterilize plant media and glassware
– Assess, trim, and transfer plants from old media into fresh media
– Wash lab glassware in dishwasher as needed
– Perform inventory on plants and equipment/chemicals as requested
– Clean lab space as needed
This Job is Ideal for Someone Who is:
– Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
– Detail-oriented and does not mind performing repetitive tasks
– Enjoys a comfortable working environment (seated most of the time), working independently (only employee on site), and listening to podcasts/music.
– Has some experience working in plant tissue culture labs, or labs in general, although not required (will train).
This job is:
– Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED or college diploma.
– A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more.
– A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education.
Contract length: 12 months
Expected start date: 2020-10-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The job requires proper sanitary technique, including facemask, lab coat, gloves, and hairnet. This process is applied to protect workers from COVID-19 as well.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)