Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
SōRSE Technology is the industry-leading water-soluble emulsion technology for infusing CBD, terpenes, and other functional ingredients into beverages, food items, nutraceuticals, and topicals. SōRSE Technology currently powers more than 45 market-leading products in the cannabis, hemp and CBD industry. Our clients’ products are powered by SōRSE, but SōRSE itself is powered by its people.
Like most startups, we run ‘lean & mean’, hiring the best minds in science, R&D, product development, and operations. While training and supplemental education, such as seminars or conferences, are provided, this is an atmosphere that is most suitable for self-starters, with relevant experience and know how that can take initiative and lead without too much direction or guidance. Team members will often be asked think outside the box and lead projects independently, as well as bring their specific expertise to collaborate on larger initiatives.
Together, the SōRSE team is navigating and creating the foundation for this new industry while applying food & beverage industry best-practices. While startups often require long or odd hours and flexibility, the most importantly qualities members looking to join our team must have are passion and commitment. A passion and drive to succeed in uncharted territory, and a commitment to other team members to not give up when things get tough.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build out and lead a growing QA/QC and Regulatory organization.
- Implement strategies, policies, and procedures insuring the quality (consistency of performance over time), food safety, and integrity of our products, customers and consumers which we serve in the food, beverage and alcohol industries.
- Create and manage related containment documents: specifications and tracking mechanisms for raw materials, intermediates and finished goods.
- Create and expand predictive and surveillance systems with a continuous improvement philosophy embodied by Advanced Quality Systems (AQS) and Total Quality Management (TQM) approaches.
- Provide leadership to the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory team members.
- Responsible for setting and executing the quality related strategies/goals for all operational and manufacturing activities both internal and for our network of co-manufactures.
- Leads and supports the Washington team to root-cause analyze and correct product non-conformances, and internal, regulatory and/or 3rd party audit non-conformances.
- Develops and maintains Quality Procedures in conformance with all SōRSE Labs and/or customer requirements
- Organizes and leads monthly plant self-audits/inspections with cross-section of plant management. Reports food safety, quality, sanitation and employee safety concerns noted during audits and provides follow-up reports to document progress.
- Directly responsible for third party food safety and quality audits (participation, preparation and follow-up); leads and supports management team in compliance with certification standards.
- Oversees microbiological and chemical testing of raw materials, ingredients, and finished products; periodically reviews laboratory and sensory testing program standards, procedures and protocols.
- Leads the management team in product traceability and mock recall exercises.
- Develops an ongoing and cooperative program of customer complaint resolution and coordinates product review, assessment and disposition.
- Promotes continuous improvement through on-going teaching and training opportunities. Stays abreast of new technologies and changes in international, federal, and state food regulations
- Be a developer of talent within the department to ensure future business success and growth.
- Key subject matter expert to the company’s customers on quality, and food safety. Experience with regulatory matter is desirable.
- Effectively communicate with R&D and Operations on a regular basis to keep all updated on any applicable changes to our food safety programs, policies, and regulations.
- Responsible for supporting Technical Data Sheets, SDS’s, Product Specifications, Nutritional Facts, Product Labels, and other Regulatory requirements.
- Will manage the QA lab, lab requests, SOPs, cGMPs, regulatory requests and regulatory documentation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Effectively manage/supervise direct reports as necessary to deliver outstanding performance, as well as collaborate with location managers to effectively direct the personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- B.S. in Micro-biology, food science, food technology, or related field is required.
- 5 years minimum of progressive experience in leading an organization in quality assurance/surveillance, food safety and/or food regulatory compliance is desired.
- Regulatory Food Safety, and Quality Assurance in the Food & Beverage industries experience is required.
- Knowledge of food system Quality and Regulatory Systems such as FSMA, GFSI, SQF etc.
- Experience with FDA, and pertinent international regulatory agency requirements is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Regulatory: 1 year (Preferred)
- QC: 1 year (Preferred)
- QA: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible