Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Director of Operations is charged with operationalizing and managing existing and new recreational, manufacturing, distribution, and retail direct to consumer operations in the California area. The Director of Operations will lead all operational teams, including sales operations, purchasing, inventory management, manufacturing, fulfillment, compliance, customer service, and ensuring a retail experience that continues to grow our customer base.
The Director of Operations must be willing to get their hands dirty and contribute at all operational levels, train and nurture team members, and provide operational guidance and metrics to the executive team. This individual would be the direct report for all onsite positions and would report directly to the board and/or director of the board.
- Recruit, hire and train sales operations, purchasing, warehouse, production, and fulfillment teams
- Set operational goals, compare performance to goals, and adjust goals as needed
- Assess current SOPs, identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions
- Manage automation equipment assets, including procurement, installation, performance optimization, and routine maintenance
- Ensure adequate PAR level inventory for all SKUs and timely order fulfillment
- Build strong vendor relationships and reduce costs wherever possible
- Monitor gross margin for all SKUs and provide accurate reporting and forecasting of material costs
- Manage and report on key operational performance indicators
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to team members
- Analyzing goals and metrics helping set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Design and implement plans related to operational efficiency
- Explore opportunities associated with scaling a B2B marketplace including, but not limited to shipping solutions/distribution, payments, advertising, and marketing
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Maintain strong knowledge in the rapidly developing regulatory/legislative structures of the cannabis industry across all territories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or any related field required;
- 3+ years of experience, including 5+ years of management experience
- Proven ability to manage all operational aspects of a company in a similar industry (cannabis, craft beer, food & beverage, natural household goods, etc.)
- Proven ability to lead a team to meet quotas
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and identify critical issues to develop and execute a go-to-market strategy
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures with exposure to legal counsel/documents, new teammate hiring, and a wide range of vendors/consultants
- Ability to both work and lead a room, instilling excitement, positivity, and a clear path to success, leading teammates to new levels of performance and dedication
- Experience in fundraising, e-commerce, or SaaS-enabled marketplaces is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the cannabis industry preferred
- Excel in fast-paced start-ups, excited by a rapidly changing industry
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Leadership: 3 years (Required)