Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Lazarus Naturals is on a mission to make quality hemp-based CBD accessible to everybody. It’s why we own our manufacturing process from start to finish—beginning at our hemp farms in Central Oregon to our extraction, formulation, and packaging—all to deliver safe, effective CBD at an affordable price. We provide a 60% Assistance Program to veterans and individuals with disabilities or low-income because we believe everybody should be able to experience the benefits of CBD regardless.
We have a close-knit, fast-paced work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen, competitive pay and full benefits. We’re looking for a Distillation Technician to join our Seattle manufacturing team.
Beyond technical qualifications and sufficient experience requirements, we at Lazarus Naturals look for people who can thrive in our work environment and actively challenge themselves. We prioritize applicants who can illustrate their capacity to think critically, approach mistakes positively and constructively, as well as the ability to claim responsibility for their actions, whether good or bad. It is equally important that any applicant is able to exhibit an appreciation for proactive honesty and marked flexibility in the face of abrupt change. Moreover, we prefer applicants who share our passion and pride in the work we all contribute to as a team.
We are looking for someone to support the Distillation team in achieving throughput targets and maintaining equipment uptime. This individual will need to be familiar with complex manufacturing environments and skilled at timely communication.
This position reports directly to Processing Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Safe operation and troubleshooting of Wiped-Film Evaporator, Short-Path Distillation, and Rotary Evaporator systems.
- Safe and efficient handling of hazardous materials (Ethanol, Isopropanol, n-Heptane).
- Communicating with upstream/downstream processing to ensure consistent process flow.
- Proper completion of documentation, line clearance, and handling procedures.
- Coordinating sample submission for internal testing of raw materials and interpreting results.
- Conducting weekly inventory and reporting equipment, supply, and tool needs to supervisory staff.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization standards, assist with general housekeeping on the manufacturing floor.
- Assist in process and product optimization where required.
- Accurate and timely upkeep of digital inventory records and process tracking.
- Committed to continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Physics or related field with 0-2 years GLP/GMP laboratory experience.
- Minimum two years experience working with fractional distillation of cannabinoids, with experience in a high-throughput manufacturing setting is strongly preferred.
- Additional experience with various methods of cannabis refinement strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP, ISO, or similarly-regulated environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, strong critical thinking skills, and demonstrated adaptability across multiple disciplines.
- Proficient with MS Office and G-Suite applications.
- Ability to adapt and respond to the needs of a rapidly changing manufacturing environment.
- Lean Six Sigma or similar experience preferred.
- Must be capable of medium work that includes standing, kneeling, reaching, grasping, and lifting up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental insurance)
- Employee discount program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- 401K plan
- FSA & commuter benefits
- Employee development opportunities
- Company events
This is a full-time role based in Seattle, WA. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Lazarus Naturals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.