Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
P and R processing is one of Washington State’s premier cannabis producer/processor operations. Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Woodinville WA. The Company operates primarily under the Primo and Leaf Chews brand name and has consistently brought a top-quality flower and extracted products to market since its inception.
Full Job Description
- We operate all year round and are continuing operating full time as an essential business in compliance with the state guidelines. All applicants must be free of any cold/flu/corona virus-related symptoms for the last three weeks.
GROW STAFF (MASTER GROWER)
Position: Grow Staff (Master Grower)
Location: Woodinville, Washington
Company Details: A Tier 2 Licensed Facility is currently seeking candidates for an exclusive position as Master Grower.
Ensure that the cultivation areas are always clean, all plants are labeled, tracked, and all production goals are on schedule. Ensure that the demand for all plants of the appropriate strains is propagated in a manner consistent with the schedule for production. They need to be able to collaborate with team members to ensure the success of their area.
- Daily plant maintenance: irrigation, nutrition management, cloning, pruning, topping, training
- Clean/sanitize area, and transplant plants at different growth stages to prepare them for the flowering stage.
- Propagate at least 1,300 clones from mother cultivars on a weekly time frame based on tight production schedules
- Log and track plants across stages of growth in traceability software to ensure compliance and scheduling requirements are met
- Perform tasks related to sanitation, decontamination, propagation, transplantation, harvest, trimming, etc. in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize yield
- Top, defoliate and prune plants based on instructions provided by management.
- Move plants from the vegetation to stage into designated flowering rooms, space the plants according to the number of plants per bench, ensure irrigation stakes, and emitters are placed correctly to ensure all plants are receiving adequate amounts of water.
- determine changes needed based on the nutritional and/or environmental needs of the crop.
- Maintain appropriate biosecurity measures.
- Manually and/or by cart transport waste to the dumping area.
- Clears pots and waste out of the greenhouse to prepare for new planting.
- Maintains and upkeeps of all equipment, tools, supplies, and products throughout the work shift to make certain department is clean when management or regulatory agencies walk the property.
- Completes tasks in a timely and efficient manner according to company objectives and SOPs
- Manage and maintain grow house protocols with a small team of highly effective employees.
- Analyze and catalog each individual strain from clone to harvest.
- Implement solid preventative measures against contaminants.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and professional work environment.
- Manage all the tasks in the grow including cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal, and inventory management
- Programming and monitoring of computerized climate control systems
- Maintain indoor cultivation protocols and a nutrient regimen per SOP’s
- Perform all cultivation tracking and recordkeeping functions within the seed to sale electronic system remaining in compliance with the department’s rules and regulations
- Competent in all cultivation tasks
- Manage plant scheduling to accurately project all facility requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to maximize high-quality yield with efficiency and attention to production costs
- Catalog and track each individual strain from clone to harvest
- Oversee IPM program including the elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Adept at industry best-practices and current on new techniques and insight with respect to the nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and setups
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cannabis
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales, and compliance audits
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure requirements
- Execute and maintain world-class facility maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Responsible for independently managing the grow in a rotational schedule on weekends
- In-depth knowledge of all aspect of cultivation
- Comfortable with technology
- Horticulture or related degrees a plus.
- Greenhouse, Horticulture, Agriculture background and experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check with no drug-related or violent felonies as required by the state of Washington
- Large scale or industrial cultivation a plus.
- Manages and maintains grow-house protocols for a small, medium, and large-scale cannabis cultivation facilities.
- Perform tasks in the grow including cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, and inventory management
- Develops and maintains grow warehouse protocols and nutrient regiment. Sets propagation, germination and planting protocols for all crops
- Highly knowledgeable and well researched on many growing techniques and provides insight to expand the company’s knowledge of growing techniques that result in continually gains in plant yield.
- Uses this knowledge in combination with the company’s controlled environments and greenhouse setups for growing to develop new high yield growing methods for individual strains.
- Either possesses or develops comprehensive knowledge of strains and mastery of medicinal implementation and knowledge of the effects of strains and types of medicinal administration
- Strong working knowledge in container systems with soil and hydro as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation
- Operates under the high standards our company has for compliance and professionalism.
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Demonstrates mastery of growing methods, including in-depth knowledge of micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation
- Manages plant scheduling to precise projects all grow needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Analyzes each individual strain from clone to harvest.
- Successfully executes preventative maintenance and elimination of types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, etc.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Collaborates with management staff to provide timely reporting
- Assists in government inspections and compliance audits.
- Conducts facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary
- Perform all day to day routine plant maintenance from seed or clone through harvest. Including but not limited to:
- Conduct daily inspections for pests, pathogens, mold, fungi, disease or other undesired conditions
- Conduct daily inspections and measurements of reservoirs to maintain strict pH, PPM levels and cleanliness
- Monitor grow room humidity, temperature, and water environmental requirements
- Maintain healthy mother plants so that clones can be developed for future crops
- Take clones from mother plants and ready them for starting new plants
- Transplant and relocate plants
- Daily inspections of plants for proper irrigation
- Prune plants according to cultivar specific protocols
- Mix soils and nutrients to specific recipes to ensure proper plant growth
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels of nutrients and other plant supplies
- Adhere to facility-specific gowning protocols
- Harvest and trim plant according to facility protocols
- Conduct quarterly inspections and/or replacement of light bulbs, irrigation tubing, water pumps and other grow equipment
- Harvest and trim plants at the end of their life cycle
- Oversee proper drying and curing conditions until the harvested material is ready for testing
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial grow experience with experience in the small, medium, and large-scale commercial plant cultivation required
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics strongly preferred though a strong agricultural background may be considered
- Must demonstrate accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to perform physical requirements necessary to the position, including standing for long periods of time, walking the greenhouse, and lifting of 50 pounds.
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Pass a background check
- Eligible to work in the US
- The employee must be able to work well as a team day in and day out, but also must be able to work on their own if necessary.
- Monday to Friday 8 am – 4 pm
Pay: $13.50 – $15
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 – $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
masks when working with others and keeping 6 feet from others
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)