Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
P and R processing is one of Washington State’s premier cannabis producer/processor operations. Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Woodinville WA. The Company operates primarily under the Primo and Leaf Chews brand name and has consistently brought a top-quality flower and extracted products to market since its inception.
As this team’s newest Lab Director, you’ll be utilizing your educational background in Biology or Chemistry alongside Cannabis Industry knowledge to act in day-to-day operations. You will be writing SOP’s and taking a hands-on approach in the refining process. Being well versed in Chromatography and/or other testing is important.
The primary focus of this position is to lead in the Extraction Process of Cannabis Products and to support all other Extraction Processes through practical, hands-on laboratory work. Taking direction on task priority, while self-managing timelines for project completion, is essential. For Team Success it is imperative all Lab Technicians can take direct, constructive feedback on quality and timeliness of work.
The ideal Extraction Lab Technician must be familiar with the following equipment/processes:
Must be 21 years or older.
- Short Path Distillation
- Rotary Evaporator
- Various Filtration Methods
- Solventless extraction to make rosin and hash
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in organic chemistry or biochemistry
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry or biochemistry would be considered an asset but not mandatory
- Publications and/or patents in the fields of organic chemistry or biochemistry would be considered assets but not mandatory
- Deliver best practices for production scale purification processes
- Write protocols and validations for equipment and manufacturing process
- Write batch records, SOPs, and qualification documents related to the manufacturing process.
- Coach and mentor production staff in operating production scale purification equipment
- Ensure that self and team are all adhering to company policies, safety standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Maintains compliance with Washington State Regulations and Law
- Understands mandated compliance and reporting requirements. This includes I-502 regulations regarding the handling and storage of cannabis.
- Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares equipment and plant materials for extraction.
- Executes the extraction and processing of materials in accordance with state and local standards.
- Ensures the consistency and efficiency of products through quality control testing and procedures.
- Cleans maintains, and repairs extraction equipment within the manufacturing facility.
- Maintains strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals, and equipment with the Director of Compliance approved system.
- Stores supplies and equipment and disposal of waste according to guidelines.
- Completes the cleaning and sanitization of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools.
- Maintains inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment and preparing requisitions.
- Maintains material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products
- Follows all standard operating procedures regarding product creation and lab safety.
- Performs clerical work related to laboratory activities: record keeping, filing, answering e-mail inquiries, and live inventory spreadsheet (as inventory increases/decreases).
- Works with certified testing laboratories as defined by state guidelines.
- Responsibly and carefully handles all products throughout the process so as to maintain a high degree of quality control.
- Diligently work in a focused, quick and efficient manner.
- Comply with all HR policies.
- Attend daily “team huddles,” all required meetings, and participate in team and professional development activities.
- Assists in packaging and labeling of finished products.
- Cross-train in other departments as necessary.
+ Intake and Process raw cannabis material into a crude concentrate.
+ Document information by creating and maintaining accurate batch records.
+ Secondary cannabinoid processing; prepare cannabinoid concentrate for specific secondary refining processes.
+ Carry out cannabinoid concentrate refining processes to completion with clear and well-defined labeling to ensure absolute traceability throughout the process.
+ Navigate the Cannabis Tracking System (CTS) and execute common commands for a given project.
+ Manual data entry into data tracking systems for downstream and upstream data analysis.
+ Coordinate with managers to design, set, and implement manufacturing schedules based on current product demands.
+ Keep equipment operational by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance.
+ Keep laboratory inventorying in stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
+ Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
+ Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
+ Enhances laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
+ Maintains glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and organizing.
· Help with the production lab including oil extraction and making products such as edibles, and topicals
· Perform extraction and related processes using some or all of the following materials/ techniques: isopropyl alcohol, ice water extraction, short path system, dry ice, heat, and pressure
· Maintain accountability and inventory of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products of the extraction process
· Prepare raw products for extraction
· Communicate results to all personnel
Skills and Qualifications
· Strong Organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated, strong analytical skills, and detailed oriented
· Capable to work in a group and independently
· Knowledge of scientific principles, terminology, and techniques related to cannabis processing and testing.
· Knowledge of laboratory practices that ensure safety, accuracy, and efficiency.
· Knowledge of the policies and procedures which guide employees.
· Skills in the proper use of analytical instrumentation and equipment.
- 2 years experience Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry OR
- 1 years experience + Master’s degree in Biology or Chemistry OR
- no experience + Ph.D. in Biology or Chemistry
- Experience writing SOP’s
- Attention to detail
- Reliable transportation
- Lab experience
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to go the extra mile.
- MUST be a team player!
Please submit your resume with a cover letter for consideration. Our goal is to hire for this position in the near term. Join the top cannabis production facility and team in Washington today
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 – $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
masks when working with others and keeping 6 feet from others
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: