Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Greenfoot Cannabis Dispensary
JOB TITLE: Retail Store General Manager
SUMMARY: This position reports to the Nisqually Green Dispensary Government Corporation (NGDGC) Board and is primarily responsible for the Retail Store’s day-to- day operations, employee training and supervision and staff management, managing cash flows and daily bank transactions, and coordinating all deliveries, recalls, inventory management, the record keeping system, and keeping necessary documents secure, yet readily accessible for inspection. The Retail Store General Manager will oversee the
Retail Store staff and all sales of cannabis products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Management *
- Supervision of all hourly staff, including scheduling and performance management.
- Ensure compliance across all areas of business in accordance with State regulations and the Nisqually Tribal compact.
- Create and maintain weekly and monthly store performance reporting (sales, behavior, financial, etc.)
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensure the cleanliness, presentation, and organization of the facility.
- Document and maintain standards, procedures and processes that support customer service, operational goals, and compliance.
- Manage all specialized contractors (cleaners, security, maintenance, etc.), as needed.
- Retail Sales Work *
** * Opening/closing of store (daily inventory and cash management).
- Responsible for the overall satisfaction and safety of each customer.
- Educate customers by explaining the qualities, including potential medical values, of cannabis products to match customer interest and needs.
- Help customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions.
- Monitor sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating complaints and service suggestions.
- Inventory Management *
** * Work with Inventory Manager to plan, place and receive orders of all cannabis products and paraphernalia.
- Maintain inventory by checking available merchandise to determine inventory levels and anticipate demand.
- Ensure regular inventory counts are performed accurately and documented in inventory systems.
- Hiring & Training *
** * Ensure excellence in training for new hires and ongoing training for staff.
- Conduct interviews and confirms all new hire candidates.
- Recommend pay changes, incentives, promotions, and bonuses for general staff.
- Conduct employee performance reviews at required frequencies.
- Other *
- Raises awareness to NGDGC Board to resolve time sensitive issues.
- Acts as a liaison with Nisqually Tribal Council and community stake holders.
- Continuously innovates to ensure the Dispensary customer experience is the best in class.
- Attend and present Dispensary performance data in required meetings and participates in team and professional development activities.
- Fill in for all roles when the Dispensary is short-staffed.
Due to our commitment to customer service and the well-being of our team, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of administrative and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Retail Management, or a closely related field OR a comparable combination of recent experience and/or education.
Four years of cannabis Dispensary Management experience preferred with a minimum of two years required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and other staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent and interpret graphs.
Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret technical instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
This position is classified as a sensitive Tribal position. Therefore, applicant must submit to and clear a pre-employment criminal background check.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of cannabis and its various uses
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and ability to familiarize oneself with applicable
- Skilled in computer programs and cash management
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, customers, and vendors
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
Ability to perform manual labor tasks which can include sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, reaching, performing repetitive tasks, and frequently lifting up to 50 pounds.
This is a normal retail store setting; noise level ranges from quite to loud but is usually moderate.
The Nisqually Green Dispensary Government Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and actively encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status or ancestry, sexual orientation or sensory, mental, physical, or other non-disqualifying disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Retail management: 2 years (Required)
- Retail: 4 years (Required)
- Cannabis Dispensary: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Olympia, WA 98513 (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible