Please note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.cob job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Dockside Cannabis is a Washington State Licensed (I-502) retailer specializing in quality medical and recreational cannabis products and accessories. We currently manage stores in Shoreline, SODO, Ballard and Green Lake.
Dockside is committed to being a leader in the legal cannabis industry. Here’s a little of what makes us different:
- We opened one of the first medical dispensaries in Washington State, and were the very first to be certified as a reliable source for quality cannabis products under the Patient Focused Certification program.
- Dockside offers industry-leading wages and benefits including health insurance and paid time off.
- We offer a drug-free workplace. While Dockside employees enjoy a generous 40% employee discount and product samples to aid in their education, we expect employees to consume cannabis responsibly and on their own time.
- Living Dockside isn’t about escaping life. It’s a launch point for exploring the world, accomplishing great things, but always coming back to the people and values that matter.
Delivering the Dockside experience to Employees, Customers and our Community requires hiring and retaining the very best team. We are looking for experienced Greeter/ Guards with excellent customer service skills and Security experience. We are looking for team players not afraid of wearing many hats and managing a constantly changing workflow. We need smart, passionate, and creative people ready to take the road less traveled and excited by the challenge of building a new business in a rapidly growing industry.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Dockside
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team
- Follows and ensures team compliance with Dockside operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees during each shift
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Greets customers upon entry with friendly demeanor
- Follows health, safety and regulatory guidelines
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Protecting company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment by observing for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents
- Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter
- Must be 21 years of age
- Minimum of 1 year of security in a regulated industry (502, bar, etc)
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Required demonstrated skills and abilities:
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback on work performance.
- Employee Discount
- Paid time off
- Health insurance 80% employer paid
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- FSA and transportation benefits
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative work environment in an emerging market. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
Dockside is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift
To ensure safety to staff and customers we have implemented hourly sanitation practices, installed barriers, changed floor layout/customer flow and provided personal protective equipment.
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Waiting period may apply