Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
GPL is a boutique consulting firm that specializes in international and domestic tax and accounting. Our quest is to be the key player in our clients’ financial dream team. We provide year-round services and support to educate and empower clients to achieve their goals and financial destiny. We are a young, energetic company that is growing rapidly, like the many businesses we work with.
GPL Tax and Accounting is looking for a Account Executive/ Client Service Coordinator to join our team in Kirkland, WA office.
As part of our operations team you will serve as an important part of our organization. You will provide high quality service by assisting the tax department members with organizing client information and responding to and anticipating client service requests so we can better service our clients and continue to provide the high quality work that we are known for. Coordinators will work both internally with our accountants and externally with clients and will be given the responsibility to learn the cadence and expectations of the service level we need to provide. The ability to think independently, take initiative and perform the duties with a high degree of accuracy is essential to succeeding in this role.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Contacting clients for missing information required to complete their tax work
- Triaging incoming client information, assessing for completeness and utilizing appropriate software systems to accurately maintain information
- Coordinating deliverables to client
- Work with client investment advisors to ensure required information is obtained for client work
- Use analytical skills to perform various tax related tasks in accordance with our processes and systems to aid the accountants in completing work
- Assist in the coordination of outsourced tax returns
- Maintain client contact information and instructions
- Research IRS notices and draft letters to taxing authorities
- Scheduling and email correspondence on behalf of professionals.
- One or more years of client service, accounting, financial or law industry experience preferred
- Minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Immediate proficiency with Microsoft Office. Tax software and CRM experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and work with various software programs with relative ease
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple responsibilities and changing priorities
- Ability to analyze situations critically and objectively to produce the best possible outcome
- Escalate operational and client issues as needed
- Customer service focus and ability to multitask
- Discretion when handling confidential information
Due to the nature of our business we do experience periods of peak workload, typically from January to April 15th and September to October 15th, with busier periods being closer to deadline dates. A requirement of this role is the ability to work occasional overtime during this peak workload period and that may include a partial Saturday(s). Overtime is provided as part of compensation.
What you should expect from us:
We believe that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program.
We offer: Flexible Time Off, Paid Holiday, Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical, Dental and Vision), 401k Matching, FSA & HAS, Education Assistance Program, working from home option. Employees can also take advantage of discounted gym memberships and stocked kitchens.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments and what makes you unique. Here is what makes us unique:
- Innovation: we think beyond the debits and credits
- FinTech: we employ the latest technologies to enhance the work environment and productivity
- Proactive Client Support: year-round accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation and consulting services on an ongoing basis, not just during “tax season”
- CFO Services: expert guidance for small business owners who want to take their business to the next level
- We Say Yes: we don’t shy away from emerging industries, such as Cannabis, or complex tax situations such as foreign transactions
- Diverse Clientele: we provide solutions for high net worth individuals with complex tax structures, small-business owners and startups, and people with broad investment portfolios
- Community Connections: We provide our clients access to a network of professionals in a variety of fields such as financial services, legal services, real estate, mortgage, banking, and risk management