Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Salish Coast Cannabis is seeking a highly dynamic, dedicated professional to perform as the Inventory Manager for a cannabis retail store. This position will manage all aspects of the procurement of retail cannabis products from grower/processors for Salish Coast Cannabis. The Inventory Manager monitors and reports on the company’s inventory, assures efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies in support of the attainment of all business goals. The successful candidate is a reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities, demonstrates excellent attention to detail, and has a strong business mindset. The Inventory Manager also maintains proactive relationships with the store managers, vendors, and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Cannabis Inventory/Buyer:
- Processes and prepares for approval all purchase orders for store products.
- Analyzes budgets and compares to actual costs; reports on variances and request approvals.
- Examines shipment contents and compares with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as charges, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or record keeping purposes.
- Responsible for initiating adjustments to product pricing to ensure accuracy with consumer demands, maximizing company profits.
- Confer or correspond with vendor representatives to rectify problems, such as damages or shortages.
- Maintains inventory of all cannabis merchandise, examining all items for quality, and identifying all reorder and replenishment needs.
- Maintains electronic tracking of all received invoices in the inventory management system.
- Coordinates with all established vendors to ensure proper inventory levels are being met. This includes the introduction of both new and promotional items that meet the needs of the local customer demographic.
- Serves as coordinator for all inventory audit processes, providing insight and support of store inventory merchandise and control procedures to the management team.
- Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in the supply room or other areas to maintain inventory controls.
- Verifies inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors; maintaining the electronic inventory control program.
- Recommends disposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
- Determines proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- All other duties as assigned by the Retail Manager and General Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Completion of college coursework in a business related field is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in a retail buyer environment preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Strong retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, merchandising, customer service, and budget preparation.
- Greebits experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of inventory items and materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Basic computer and software experience using MS Office products.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age with no prior felony offenses.
- Must pass extensive criminal background check and drug screening (with the exception of THC, obviously).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
To keep our back office staff safe we provide and encourage mask wearing inside the building. All deliveries dropped at our establishment require vendors to wear masks when delivering orders.
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Anacortes, WA 98221 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Overnight (Preferred)
- One location
- Every other week
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Ops Manager
- Less than a week prior
Employees working per shift:
- 6 – 10
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page: