Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Praxis Laboratory is a rapidly growing analytical laboratory located in Centralia Washington (20 miles south of Olympia Wa). We analyze food, agricultural, & environmental samples. We are also I-502 certified and provide quality assurance testing of cannabis.
Monday – Friday 7 – 3:30
What You will be doing
- Sample preparation and Analysis. Prepare and analyze samples for microbiological contamination, using classical microbiological techniques as well as molecular methods.
- Supporting Chemists & Microbiologists with sample preparation. Our team prepares samples for analysis using gas chromatography, HPLC, plating methods, ELISA, PCR & NIR.
- Support Senior Scientists with method development. Our team is dedicated to constant improvement, and is always working on new methods and ways to optimize current methods. You will have the opportunity to develop and validate new methods within the parameters of ISO 17025.
- Review & analyze data. All data must undergo extensive review by analysts, quality assurance and and the laboratory director before being released to the client.
What You Bring
- A passion for science, continual improvement & commitment to high quality work.
- A BS/BA in microbiology or equivalent.
- Experience with ELISA, PCR, aseptic technique, FDA BAM, AOAC and other microbiological methods
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast moving environment
- The ability to adapt and be flexible
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks
What We Bring
- A company culture dedicated to continual improvement, and Innovation.
- Advanced technical training and experience.You will have the opportunity to work on advanced projects and be on the cutting edge of a new growing Industry.
- Professional enrichment opportunities, such as attending conferences, seminars, & membership in professional organizations.
- Paid Vacation
- Employer matched 401K
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Educational reimbursement.
- Pay increases are merit based
Salary is DOE
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- microbiology: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Have you attached a cover letter?
- Other forms
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply you must submit both a resume and a cover letter. Failure to include both documents will be considered a deficiency in your attention to detail & you will not be considered for any positions.