Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Dank’s Wonder Emporium is a fast growing recreational/medical cannabis retailer looking for amazing personalities and bright minds. If you are a self motivated individual, who has a desire to learn and grow with a company, we are looking for you. We strive to bring the best possible service to the largest number of people and you can help us do that.
We are looking to employ knowledgeable and experienced Budtenders to assist customers in selecting suitable cannabis products. The responsibilities of the Budtender include greeting and welcoming customers, informing the manager of customer complaints and operational issues, and sharing firsthand experiences of cannabis products to address customer concerns. You should also be able to answer customers’ questions regarding the different strains of cannabis, their medicinal uses, and methods of consumption.
To be successful as a Budtender, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in cannabis laws to maintain legal compliance. Ultimately, an outstanding Budtender should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills by ensuring that customers are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
- Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Keeping abreast of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends through trade shows and research.
- Processing customers’ payments using the dispensary’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensuring that the dispensary is clean and well-organized at all times.
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Correctly weighing, packaging, and labeling cannabis products as required.
- Checking customers’ identification documents to verify that they are of legal age.
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have excellent attendance and professionalism
- Basic knowledge of cannabis preferred
- No cannabis consumption permitted on the job
- 2+ years of face to face service industry experience required – retail, sales, restaurant, bar, winery, brewery, barista, hotel, hospitality, host, hostess, customer service.
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle cash register in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (excluding marijuana related charges)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be an enthusiastic & outgoing team player with a strong spirit of cooperation
- This position requires the physical ability to perform tasks that involve prolonged standing, walking, and kneeling
- Ability to tailor each guest interaction to the individual
- Flexible schedule – available days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and some holidays is a MUST!
- Positive energy, team spirit, happy soul- our shop is “good vibes” only!