Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis. If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
Leafly is looking for an experienced Payroll and Benefits Manager who can take ownership of all aspects of payroll and benefits. This position reports to the Head of Accounting and is a great opportunity for someone who is excited to help the business scale and implement process and system improvements to support our growth.
The ideal candidate is highly customer focused, has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, has a demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and do the detail work while also maintaining a big picture view.
- Oversee all aspects of payroll administration and processing for our multi-state US payroll and our Canadian payroll to ensure accurate payments, reporting, and employee records
- Establish and maintain policies and documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance with local, state, federal, and ACA laws
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for period-end accruals
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all payroll and benefits filings and remittances
- Optimize our usage of payroll and HR systems and tools to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Manage all benefit programs including onboarding, enrollments, terminations, audits, and addressing employee inquiries regarding benefits eligibility, cost, and coverage
- Plan and execute the annual open enrollment period including preparing educational materials, hosting webinars/meetings, coordinating with providers, and processing changes
- Review and reconcile monthly benefits invoices from benefits providers for accuracy
- Administer employee leave policy and tracking for all employees
- Oversee the 401(k) audit and provide support for the annual corporate audit
- Respond to and process unemployment claims, employment verifications, garnishments, levies, and workers’ compensation claims
- Administer the sales commission plans, including tracking individual plans, ensuring adjustments are properly approved, calculating monthly payments, preparing reports/analysis as needed
- Perform monthly commissions close duties, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations for period-end accruals, and reconciling to payroll records
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; CPP preferred
- 7+ years progressive payroll experience in a start-up and/or dynamic environment
- Unwavering integrity and ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in a remote work environment
- Namely system experience is a plus
- Solid skills with MS Office, especially with complex Excel spreadsheets
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.