Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis. If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
Leafly is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager who will take ownership of the revenue cycle including billing, collections, and recognition. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for all technical accounting, financial reporting, consolidation, and intercompany activities. Additionally, the position will be responsible for creating process documentation and internal control policies.
This position will report to the Head of Accounting and currently has two direct reports. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a significant impact to our business and drive change to increase automation and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in technical and operational accounting. He or she is a motivated individual and a self-starter who can identify opportunities, propose solutions, identify process improvements and see them through to completion.
- Evaluate sales contracts and pricing terms to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Be the functional expert in understanding the end-to-end order to cash process and data flow through our sales, billing, and GL systems
- Lead various process improvement initiatives to gain operational efficiencies and automate manual tasks using ERP system capabilities
- Prepare consolidated annual, quarterly, and monthly financial statements, management reports, disclosures, and related supporting documentation
- Review journal entries and reconcile key balance sheet and income statement accounts such as revenue, deferred revenue, AR, intercompany balances, and equity
- Analyze and document technical accounting issues, including new accounting pronouncements and significant transactions
- Coordinate annual audit with external auditors and ensure year-end close activities are completed accurately and timely, and any issues are resolved appropriately
- Identify, create, and maintain accounting and internal control policies and procedures
- Provide day-to-day management, review, and training to a team of 2 staff
- Perform additional analysis and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 6+ years of accounting experience with 3-4 years in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Intacct, Zuora, and Salesforce experience is a plus
- Experience with internal control design and implementation a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and organization
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in a remote work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.