Note: This information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Important Note: Pursuant to the Governor’s Directive, 20-08, this position will be subject to one furlough day per month beginning August 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020.
To further ensure public safety and in conjunction with our Governor’s proclamation of stay home, stay healthy and current guidelines related to COVID-19, interviews at this time will be conducted by video or phone conference as part of our recruitment process.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance
The WSLCB Human Resources Division is recruiting for a Human Resource Consultant 2 (HRC 2), located in our Olympia office. As the HRC 2, you will report to a Senior Human Resource Consultant and support various divisions throughout the agency. In this role, your main focus will be to process a variety of employee and position actions into the Human Resource Management System (HRMS). You will also provide backup coverage for the agency recruiter and use your professional HR skills and experience to support employees and management through various areas of personnel.
Special Note: Our office in Olympia, WA is currently closed due to COVID-19 and assigned staff are required to work remotely. The successful candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the position from their home.
As a member of the HR Division, you will be an integral part of an experienced, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive team. Our daily huddles and weekly continuous learning meetings will provide you with the opportunity to further your knowledge and skills in Human Resources.
We encourage you to bring your customer service / interpersonal interaction skills to the WSLCB and invite you to apply today.
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Infant at Work program
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being
- Work/life balance
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package.
As the HRC 2, you will be responsible for processing and monitoring HRMS employee and position actions, records management, process improvement, and recruitment back-up. In this role, you will also create monthly HRMS reports, prepare a variety human resource related correspondence, and collaborate with payroll and budget teams to insure the needs of our internal and external customers are met and actions are processed timely and accurately.
Some of your duties include:
- Provide HRMS consultative and technical support.
- Provide monthly reports to management.
- Analyze HRMS actions submitted for processing to ensure applicable state laws, rules and collective bargaining agreements (RCWs, WACs, and CBAs) are followed.
- Consult with customers on HRMS position actions and organizational management.
- Create appointment letters, templates and other HR related correspondence.
- Assist in auditing work and related data clean-up in HRMS.
- Consult with customers and stakeholders to ensure actions taken are accurate and supported by required documentation.
- Scan personnel and position files into Laserfiche (agency electronic record system).
- Process, archive, and discard records per the state’s record retention schedule.
- Draft recruitment postings, as back up.
- Participate in initial, pre and post interview recruitment meetings.
A Bachelor’s degree with focus on business, human resources, social or organizational behavioral sciences, or related field
One year of professional HR experience.
OR Equivalent education/ experience
In addition to the qualifications above, a successful candidate must have:
- Six (6) months experience with WA State Human Resource Management System (HRMS) or equivalent personnel/payroll system processing personnel actions.
Highly Desired Qualification:
- Six (6) months experience with NEOGOV recruitment system, or equivalent recruitment system.
- Experience with interpreting and explaining civil service rules and HR related policies.
Supplemental InformationHOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed on-line application.
- Letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position
- Resume, detailing experience and education as it relates to the position
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with current contact numbers and email addresses.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.OtherApplicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.