Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Puffin Farm is an industry leading cannabis company located in Seattle currently seeking a professional General Manager for our production facility. The General Manager will be responsible for managing the production staff and daily operations of the facility to produce finished cannabis products while maintaining strict safety and quality standards.
To be successful in this position, the General Manager must provide exceptional leadership over all aspects of the production facility, successfully lead and motivate the production team, have experience tracking physical inventory, and experience with a high volume shipping and distribution environment. Cannabis experience not required. Puffin Farm is an I-502 State Licensed cannabis processor. We produce finished cannabis products to be sold at retail outlets in WA state. Must be 21 years old to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization. Improve the company’s operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Continually keeping well-informed of industry changes. Must have ability to adapt and change with a market in constant flux.
- Assess and guide the Sales Team in strategic methods for sales growth.
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Effectively manage the supply chain including raw materials, packaging, finished goods, hardware, etc..
- Maintain safe, clean, organized, efficient and compliant facility. Ensure facility safety and security procedures are in place and all staff are trained in them.
- Strive to improve company culture, employee work ethic and accountability metrics.
- Responsible for hiring/terminating/evaluating/promoting/disciplining and managing of all staff. Build, motivate, train and lead a high performing team through strong and dynamic leadership.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Communicate effectively with the Director of Extraction, Human Resources and Ownership
- Ensure that facility is properly staffed to maximize production capacity to meet ever-increasing demand.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management or comparable Degree is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of related work experience, including 3 years of supervisory or management experience, in this or relevant/related field is required.
- Knowledge of cannabis extraction, refining, distillation, filling, packaging, attention to details and other lab processes needed to produce finished goods.
- Supply chain management experience, including bulk and packaged consumable products, as well as packaging supplies and inventory.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and interact with all staff effectively, with strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Pass required background check
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State Cannabis regulations, safety practices, and all applicable safety standards in the cannabis production industry.
- Experience working with inventory management software, including Weedtraqr or other cannabis industry tracking
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Cannabis traceability system: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative