Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
New Leaf Enterprises is a Tier-3 cannabis Producer/Processor in South Seattle. Our mission is to provide some of the most consistent, safe, high-quality cannabis and extracts in Washington state. We are a small company with a strong presence, and right now we’re looking to add an experienced Cultivation Technician to our team!
Under the supervision of the Cultivation Manager or department lead, the Cultivation/Propagation Technician will perform manual labor to assist in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing cannabis, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, pruning, cloning, cleaning, data collection, and transplanting. Attention to detail is extremely important in this role. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state-regulated system and timelines. The Cultivation Technician is part of a team that is responsible for maintaining the high quality of live and harvested product while paying close attention to detail during the cultivation process. Ensuring quality cannabis leaves the cultivation facility is the most important aspect of this role. Schedule will be Wednesday-Sunday (8:30am-5:00pm).
We are seeking a passionate, driven, detail and achievement oriented Cultivation Technician who is looking to grow with an established company that has been serving the cannabis community since 2012. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment. We are innovative but hand-crafted, and to achieve that quality we need people committed to growth and success. Previous cannabis cultivation experience is required. Please include your Cover Letter and Resume if you would like to be considered.
- Assists with daily plant maintenance: irrigation, nutrition management, pruning, topping, training
- Clone, clean/sanitize pots, fill pots with soil and transplant plants at different growth stages to prepared them for the flowering stage.
- Propagate multiple cultivars on a weekly time frame based on tight production schedules
- Log and track plants across stages of growth in traceability software to ensure compliance and scheduling requirements are met
- Perform tasks related to sanitation, decontamination, propagation, transplantation, harvest, trimming, etc. in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize yield
- Top, defoliate, trellis and prune plants based on instructions provided by management.
- Move plants from the vegetation to stage into designated flowering bays, spaces the pots according to the number of pots per bench, ensures irrigation stakes and emitters are placed correctly to ensure all plants are receiving adequate amounts of water.
- Work with cultivation team to determine changes needed based on the nutritional and/or environmental needs of the crop.
- Harvests product; defoliates, hangs and organizes product by strain and batch.
- Maintain appropriate biosecurity measures.
- Periodically moves/rotates barrels and/or boxes to keep a consistent drying/curing process.
- Manually and/or by cart transport waste to dumping area.
- Clears pots and waste out of greenhouse to prepare for new planting.
- Maintains and upkeeps of all equipment, tools, supplies and products throughout the work shift to make certain department is clean when management, or regulatory agencies walk the property.
- Completes tasks in a timely and efficient manner according to company objectives and SOPs
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION and SKILLS
- Minimum 2+ years cannabis cultivation experience.
- Background in horticulture, agriculture, and/or plant sciences.
- High school diploma, GED graduate, preferred.
- Must be 21 years old per state regulations and pass a criminal background check.
- Familiarity with warehouse procedures.
- Must have a basic understanding of cannabis laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and local authorities.
- Able to demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative, and quality of work.
- Adaptability and multi‐tasking; experience working in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department as needed an/or requested by their direct supervisor; this may include but is not limited to, helping other departments.
- Ability to evaluate and adapt to new processing methods, must meet or exceed established production goals, and/or modify technique/procedures.
- Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to the cultivation process.
- Shows self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all staff members and vendors as well as to work well independently.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately while not overstepping. chain of command.
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concern in a constructive manner.
- Must have excellent attendance and professionalism. Work scheduled shifts and show up on time and ready to work; record all time worked accurately, promptly, and honestly.
- Must be willing and able to follow Standard Operating Procedures accurately.
- Must be Detail-Oriented. We’re in a highly-regulated industry and getting things right is essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORKING CONDITIONS
- Schedule will be Wednesday-Sunday (8:30am-5:00pm).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, lifting, walking, standing, ascending/descending ladders, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) regularly and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Skilled in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed.
- Regularly ascends/descends a ladder to stock or bring product down from storage or racks and maintain cultivation process.
- Some work is performed inside cultivation facilities with rooms that are exposed to temperatures ranging above a constant 75°F.
- May require working rotating shifts with varied hours/day, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
New Leaf Services provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.75 – $18.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
All employees must wear proper PPE’s (face covering/mask/latex gloves) when at the facility.
- Cannabis Cultivation: 2 years (Required)
- Cannabis Propagation: 1 year (Required)
- Are you able to work Wednesday-Sunday (8:30am-5:00pm)?
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative