Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Cultiva Law, PLLC seeks an eager and passionate mid-level transactional Attorney to join the Seattle, Washington office. This attorney will be doing transactional work related to business and regulatory disputes and will work collaboratively with other members of the Cultiva offices in Washington, Oregon and California.
Our clients range from early-stage startups to innovative industry leaders and include many of the region’s premier cannabis companies. The firm is experiencing strong growth and has particular need for an Attorney with a passion for startups and emerging growth company representation.
The Attorney will advise the Firm’s established and diverse cannabis clients, to include structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements, advising regulatory matters and commercial relationships, and regulatory research and analysis. The Attorney will be called upon to make and communicate difficult decisions, handle multiple complex situations, and produce high quality work while under pressure. Through intentional, directed interaction with all Firm attorneys, the Attorney will sustain a working knowledge of all Firm practice areas to ensure a collaborate office. Our lawyers are responsible for helping our clients solve exciting business challenges in an exciting and emerging market. Join us on our mission to change the future of law.
- Washington State Bar license
- Interest or experience in cannabis law
- Previous transactional experience (required)
- Exceptional writing (writing sample required) and communication skills
- Interest in working in a small law firm with a far-reaching impact
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead initiatives, a person who can work independently but also knows how to work well with others as part of a team
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary based on experience and qualifications
- Generous PTO package
- Bus pass or parking
- Access to world-wide cannabis conferences
- Health insurance after 90 days
Please submit your resume, writing sample and cover letter explaining why you want to work in the cannabis industry. We will only be considering applicants that have already passed the Washington State Bar.
Cultiva Law, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The Firm encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, socio-economic circumstance, or record of arrest or conviction.
*This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. Cultiva Law, PLLC reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice. This position is “exempt” under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- transactional: 5 years (Preferred)
- Active member of the Washington State Bar (Required)
- Waiting period may apply