Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Tribal Joint is looking to employ a knowledgeable and experienced Budtender to assist customers in selecting suitable cannabis products. The responsibilities of the Budtender include greeting and welcoming customers, informing the manager of customer complaints and operational issues, and sharing firsthand experiences of cannabis products to address customer concerns. You should also be able to answer customers’ questions regarding the different strains of cannabis, their medicinal uses, and methods of consumption.
To be successful as a Budtender, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in cannabis laws to maintain legal compliance. Ultimately, and outstanding Budtender should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills by ensuring that customers are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
- Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Keeping abreast of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends through trade shows and research.
- Processing customers’ payments using the dispensary’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensuring that the dispensary is always clean and well-organized .
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Correctly weighing, packaging, and labeling cannabis products as required.
- Always checking customers’ identification documents to verify that they are of legal age.
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a Budtender. (preferred but not required).
- Ability to obtain a valid marijuana worker’s permit or license (that will be issued if hired).
- Sound knowledge of cannabis strains and their medicinal benefits.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. (preferred but not required).
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Tribal Preference Applies to This Job
Pursuant to Indian Preference Ordinance
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- 12 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Retail Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Every other week
- Store Manager
- Ops Manager
Employees working per shift:
- 5 or fewer
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma