Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
We are currently seeking a hard-working back-up delivery driver to join our team. They will be responsible for inter-facility transport as well as delivery of cannabis to retailers located throughout the state of Washington. We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude, and willingness to have flexibility in their schedule to meet delivery demands. There are situations in which overtime may become mandatory.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete delivery routes safely and timely, with patience during high traffic timeframes
- Must be able to successfully attach, secure, and drive trailer behind a van or truck
- Assist Farm Managers with a variety of tasks while completing inter facility transports
- Assist in harvests as needed in order to help improve timeliness of getting harvest to main facility
- Maintains positive customer relationships with all retailers, never slander Forbidden Farms, or any team member representing Forbidden Farms
- Ensures accurate delivery of a variety of products to ensure order accuracy and positive brand reputation
- Cash handling-accurate counting and collection of customer payment. If payments are not accurate, disciplinary action will be taken up to and including taking payments out of paychecks for discrepancies
- Cash handling-safe transit and delivery of large cash sums from customers to production facility
- Never promote competitors. Act graciously if they do come up, but our delivery driver must represent Forbidden Farms as the best quality cannabis available in the market, and never create a situation that could make a customer or vendor feel differently
- No unnecessary stops or purchases. Gas and restroom breaks only, no personal purchases while delivering. Food and beverages you may need while delivering must be brought with you.
- No purchasing personal cannabis while delivering at retailers
- Be mindful and respectful of the busy nature of the shops and help make things more efficient if possible. Never excessively chat with a retailer that could prevent them from assisting their customers, or ultimately impact your delivery window to other shops
- No consuming or inhaling cannabis products, or any altering substance, while on the job whether at the shop or out delivering. Cannabis present in the vehicle for personal use is STRICTLY prohibited
- You may not seek a job while representing Forbidden Farms at retailers, your tasks must remain work-related, and you may not engage in a conversation that your intention is for personal gains, not at the best interest of Forbidden Farms
- Listen more than talk, the best sales people ask many more questions than they share about themselves.
- If you don’t have an answer to a question about our company, do not answer incorrectly. Let them know you are not sure and you can find out if they are interested.
- While not driving, willingness to help prepare and package a variety of cannabis products in a focused and efficient manner.
- Openness and flexibility in other tasks as assigned.
Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Unwavering attention to detail
Exceptional time management skills and ability to adjust shifting priorities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to follow established procedures and directions along with taking initiative whenever appropriate; ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and add value to the company
- Ability to confidently ensure accurate payment of cash, and safely transport cash
- Proven ability to build successful relationships with customers
Must be 21 years of age or older
Valid Driver’s License
Safe Driving Record-if selecting you as a candidate for this role results in an increase in insurance premiums to Forbidden Farms at the time of hire, or if premiums go up due to a driving record infraction that occurs, your eligibility for the position will be reevaluated.
Moderate lifting to heavy lifting, up to 70 lbs
Extended periods of sitting
Reaching, Kneeling, Pushing, Pulling, and Stooping are essential functions of this job
If you are interested in joining our team, please provide your resume with cover letter stating why you feel you would be a good fit for our company. Please also include your wage requirements and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- commercial driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- driver’s license (Preferred)
- CDL Class B (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- On the road
Delivery Location Type:
- Monday to Friday