Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Vuber is looking for a self-starting, independent Director of Operations. The Director of Operations will be responsible for overseeing and managing Vuber’s overall operations and supply chain/logistics strategy to maximize process efficiency and productivity.
The Director of Operations will help scale the operational facets of Vuber while helping to support a high-performance culture among a group of eclectic, talented individuals. They will be the person to ensure that Vuber is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people. This person would need to be responsible for leading the charge to hire a new team and help create and implement new SOP’s and systems, as we transition into the next phase of growth.
The area of responsibility for this role is wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. Their key focus areas will be Supply Chain Management, Organizational Development, Analytics & Database Management, System & Document Management, Compliance, and Personnel Management.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy with the warehouse team and managers.
- Maintain ownership of and accountability for inventory, accounting for all movements in and out, protecting it from damage and loss, and setting replenishment benchmarks.
- Train and Evaluate Team Members
- Help create and oversee departmental budgets and benchmarks
- Help identify outdated systems and transition into more robust and efficient systems.
- Assist management in streamlining, improving, or creating SOP’s for new and existing departments.
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Mediate any staff issues and bridge the communication gap between the Vuber staff and the management team.
- Support production and supply chain troubleshooting and loss control
Ideal Attributes and Skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to lead teams and work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Have a solid understanding of the principles of accounting and finance.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft office, with a focus on Excel required. (Required to take the Microsoft Excel Indeed Assessment to be considered)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager/owner mentality
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- This person will be initially filling many lower-level roles to learn the roles and help build-out said roles. For example, they may need to ship boxes, answer phones, and handle warranty emails. This will help this person learn the roles he will be managing in order to help create the roles and SOP’s for future employees. This person will need to be a team player and willing to do what needs to be done.
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Cannabis experience is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management (or related degree), or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- At least 5 years in a senior management role, ideally focusing on supply chain management.
- Experience in operations and material management, warehouse management, material planning/purchasing, forecasting, or related fields.
- Must be comfortable around cannabis and the cannabis industry. We are an ancillary Cannabis hardware company.
- Must be currently living in the Seattle area.
- Be able to start on or before July 15th.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Work Hours
- Company Bonuses
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Office Snacks and Drinks
- Free Product
- 24 Days PTO First Year/Unlimited PTO After One Year
- Most Weekends and Holidays Off
- Opportunity to Move Up Quickly
Who We Are:
Vuber is a fast-growing, Seattle based technology company focusing on cannabis hardware. We are a family-oriented business built from the ground up and we remain true to those roots while continuously innovating and striving to better our products in design and functionality. We are about quality of life and quality of product; we believe that these are mutually inclusive.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Senior Level Management: 5 years (Required)
- Seattle, WA 98125 (Required)
- Comfortable working in the cannabis industry?
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift