Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
New Leaf Services, makers of Dàmà cannabis products, is looking for an outgoing, highly motivated, energetic, self-starter who wants to be a part of our growing company that has been serving the cannabis community since 2012. We are looking for innovative individuals capable of adapting, who are willing to actively participate in developing a new industry that is evolving at a rapid pace.
As the Delivery Driver, you will ensure that our products arrive at our retailers on schedule, and that payment is collected accurately. You will be responsible for the transportation of product in Washington state, loading/unloading, receiving and validating/counting/recording inventory and payments, providing excellent customer service, and building great relationships with our Retailer partners. If there are no deliveries scheduled, you will be expected to help out other departments at the facility.
The ideal candidate will execute great attention to detail, be able to take direction well and exhibit professionalism on a daily basis while working in a fast pace environment. We are innovative but hand-crafted, and to achieve that quality we need people committed to growth and success. We ask our team to work smart and hard, and in exchange we offer flexible schedules and an open-minded environment. Please include a Cover Letter and Resume if you want to be seriously considered.
The responsibilities of the Delivery Driver include but are not limited to:
- Loading, transporting, and safely delivering items to customers in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Accepting payments for delivered items.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, education on our products/brand, and handling complaints from clients.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Setting up and executing Vendor/Educational days with retail partners
- Must acquire a strong familiarity with the company’s products, mission and values in order to communicate them to customers and be a subject matter expert
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products
- Identify and sustain key merchandising opportunities for accounts with dominant product placements and displays; ensuring execution and alignment with all sales programs
- Log and maintain all applicable notes, reports, and records
- Maintaining the delivery vehicle, including detailing and regular maintenance (oil changes, tire pressure, tune-ups, etc.)
- Able to follow standard operating policy and procedures
- Perform occasional warehouse and other duties, as assigned.
Required experience, education, and skills:
- Minimum 1+ year of Delivery Driver experience (required)
- Minimum 1+ year of Customer Service experience (required)
- Minimum 1+ year of Cannabis experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in any field preferred
- Prior experience with driving long distances on a delivery schedule
- Must be outgoing, attentive, and comfortable engaging in conversation with customers and clients
- Must be able to learn, retain and convey information about the company products
- Excellent influential, collaborative, and relationship building skills
- Basic math skills, for calculating orders
- Must have excellent attendance, honestly, and professionalism
- Must be Detail-Oriented. We’re in a highly-regulated industry and getting things right is essential
- Team-player, who thrives in a fast-pace environment
Hard-working, confidence to offer recommendations for improvement, and the ability to take direction as given
- Experience with customer management or CRM software (preferred)
- Must be 21 years or older and have reliable transportation
- The ability to pass a background check with no DUI’s or felony convictions.
- A valid’s driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work 32-40 hrs (Monday to Friday) per week which varies occasionally depending on delivery schedule.
- The ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds with repeated bending, stooping, pushing and pulling, and the ability to sit for long hours (8 to 10 hours driving delivery vehicle)
New Leaf Services provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.75 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Must wear mask/face cover and gloves when at the facility or delivering to our customers.
- delivery driver: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- cannabis: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- On the road
Delivery Location Type:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative