Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
LeafWerx is seeking Temporary General Laborers to work at our i502 in Wenatchee WA., approximate duration of job is June 3 to November 2020, depending on harvest. Expect to work outdoors from 8-12 hours per day. Working with a variety of hand tools. Tasks may include but are not limited to basic water plants, digging, trenching, planting, transplanting, pruning, trellising, raking, tilling, organizing, moving materials, (with supervision and direction) etc. This is hard work in an outdoor environment. You’re expected to bring appropriate clothes, shoes/boots, work gloves, food, water, etc. We are looking for proactive employees who have an attention for detail. You’ll be supervised, but we’d like to hire employees with good critical thinking and judgment skills. Being a team-player is essential.
PROFFERED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
- Knowledge and familiarity with Cannabis
- Manicure plants to remove all excess foliage
- Proficient using basic hand tools and power tools
- High level of situational awareness and ability to maintain safety for self and others
- Works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity.
- Ability to work within a team and without.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony offense.
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Organization and planning skills
- Basic weights and measurement skills, ability to operate a scale.
- Ability to focus on task for a long period of time
- Ability to focus on a physical task for a long period of time
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for entire shift
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), a plus
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Must be legally allowed to work in the USA
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Site is operating 7-days/week. Days that you are scheduled vary and are subject to change.
- $13.50/hr starting hourly wage for all new employees
- Weekend differentials $1/hr on Sat and $2/hr on Sun
**You must be 21+ years old to work on an i-502 farm. Valid US ID is required.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $13.50 per hour
- General Labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with a variety of hand tools: 1 year (Preferred)
- knowledge and familiarity with cannabis: 1 year (Preferred)
- 1 – 3 months
- 4 – 6 months
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift