Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Must be 21 years or older to apply for this position. This is a temporary/seasonal position to support a cannabis harvesting. Pending exceptional performance, candidates will transition to permanent employment to help with periodic harvests. This position will mostly be in support of the harvest, however during down time team members will be expected to participate in packaging activities.
Responsible for hanging and drying all cannabis plants received from greenhouse and outdoor grow locations. Majority of shift will be spent processing flower from the stalk to a packageable product. Flower must be handled delicately, but with urgency and speed. Efficiency, accuracy, and traceability in all actions and tasks assigned. Must ensure accuracy in trimming, weighing, assembling and packaging various forms of cannabis products including but not limited to flowers, pre-rolls and oil concentrates. Production style work atmosphere- speed, accuracy, and consistency are crucial. Positive attitude to influence a healthy team culture is essential.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare plants for drying after harvest
- Hang flower to dry after it is harvested at the greenhouse or outdoor location
- Quickly process flower off stalk in order to package the flower
- Ensure you are minimizing waste of buds that could be packaged
- Work in an organized and methodical manner
- Trim buds, make hash, fill cones, and weigh oil with speed and consistency
- Perform quality analysis of finished product
- Basic equipment calibration and maintenance
- Check to ensure containers are damage free
- Clean and prepare containers for packing
- Assemble and clean packaging materials and applying labels
- Fill packages with accurate and appropriate amounts of product
- Seal containers with finished product
- Accurately count, process, and pack finished goods
- Responsible for accurate tracking and weighing of all production projects as assigned by supervisors
- Adhere to compliant, regulated work culture
- Other tasks as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job can have a high amount of noise with music, machinery, dust, and talking. Requires prolonged sitting/standing and repetitive movements. Requires moderate lifting, as well as reaching, stooping, and kneeling tasks.
- Wages starting at $13.50/hour
- Lots of opportunities for upward movement in growing company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 per hour
- Store Discounts
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift