Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The purpose of the Store Manager at Dank’s Wonder Emporium is to create, train and motivate a team so that they can smoothly run their store to help the highest number of customers and patients possible in their location with the Dank’s level customer service and shopping experience.
The daily objective of a Store Manager is to build a cohesive team, present the standards, requirements and expectations for performance to all members of the team, facilitate continuous training, coaching and feedback for continuous improvements and hold individuals accountable to the Dank’s standard for policies and procedures. It is our desire to have the Store Manager on the floor as many hours of the day as possible. The Store Manager should train, guide and instruct their counterpart (assistant manager) to perform office related tasks for them to review after completion.
- The Store Manager should be in direct contact with the Regional Manager daily to guarantee communication of all significant information is getting to the appropriate team member.
- The Store Manager must be able to LEAD by example, not boss people around. The need to be able to come in at the start of each day equipped with a positive and determined attitude in order to motivate and get the best out of their team.
- Second on-call, they are the absolute last resort if someone calls out sick and no coverage can be found, if the Assistant Manager isn’t available the Store Manager must come in and cover the shift to ensure the appropriate level of staffing on the floor.
- First on-call for any and all security related issues, such as break-ins. Their phone number will be the first number called by the alarm system, and they must be at the location to meet law enforcement.
- Store Manager is responsible for firing employees when they are not meeting or exceeding the Dank’s standard and/or culture in their position.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- Able to read and complete legal documents
- Ability to use mature judgment and diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated administrative and budget management expertise.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to facilitate productive communication with other business units, supervisors and team members.
- Team player with a positive and flexible attitude.
- Judgement regarding priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in G Suites, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Etc.
- Able to build relationships among team members.
- Make decisions quickly.
- Control emotions during stressful situations or when being provoked.
- Attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Time management, strong leadership and organizational skills.
Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management or related field.
- 10 years of professional experience, of which three years must have been spent as a supervisor.
- Prior experience in a management or leadership position.
- Experience with hiring, training and developing employees.
- Experience building teams and motivating individuals.
The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individual holding this position will be expected to perform additional duties as required. The scope of the job role may equally change as necessitated by business demands.