Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
BigTree’s mission is to create a common language around the grading and classification of cannabis and hemp products. We’re excited to provide suppliers and buyers with the tools and services that allow them to value cannabis and hemp material consistently and reliably. Our goal is to help cannabis and hemp operators speed time to sale and purchase, increase value for all parties, and ensure operators scale with increased trust across the industry.
Big Tree Grading, the first cannabis and hemp grading, quality verification, appraisal, certification company in the United States, is looking for a customer-centric and driven Business Development Manager to join our team. In this role, you are responsible for researching prospective accounts, pursuing leads and following through to successfully securing client contracts. Understanding our products and market, then building long term relationships with our network of clients. Our company is a customer-obsessed, tight-knit, supportive group. Our focus is on the “we”, in order to succeed in exceeding customer expectations. A career with Big Tree combines the excitement of a start-up and the growth opportunities of a corporation.
- Let customer obsession drive each and every action.
- Show up with a positive attitude ready to crush.
- Support your team and company by living our leadership principles.
- Identify target prospects and generate interest through email, social media, cold calling, etc.
- Mining contact Information and update account profile information.
- Qualify prospects via the phone, email or webinar meetings.
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to visit or call on prospective customers and potential business development opportunities.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Continue to develop and hone your sales and negotiating skills by attending company organized events, completing assigned reading, while practicing your craft daily.
- Meet and exceed company metrics and KPI’s – daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Regular consistent communication and contact with the key accounts you manage.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Develop and Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending industry events; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; take part in cannabis education days.
- Visit top 20% accounts monthly and all clients every quarter.
- Plan and develop your own sales funnel using our CRM platform.
- Actively participate in our weekly Business Development Meetings
- o Come prepared to share:
- Market trends
- Customer Insights
- Your Experience Good or Bad
- Challenges and Solutions
- Ideas to move you, your team forward
- Work closely with your CEO to develop and execute against a territory plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust sales pipeline:
- Monthly Revenue Targets by client by product
- Monthly New Buyer Acquisition
- Actively participate in our monthly company meeting.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are looking for a team player who is driven, proactive, and passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and who are effective problem solvers able to execute with little supervision
- You are a self starter and able to work independently
- You love to prospect and are a skilled negotiator and closer
- You are passionate about sales and have the drive to exceed revenue targets
- You value our mission and company culture
- You have 2-5 years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new and developing existing customers accounts.
- You use a consultative, solution-based sales methodology and have documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas
- You display passion for & responsibility to the customer
- You exhibit excellent judgment and possess relentlessly high standards
- You are a whiz with CRM platforms.
Big Tree is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Tamerlane are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Job Type: Commission
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 50% (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday