Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Position Title: Store Manager
Class: Management – Benefits include 80 hours of PTO awarded each anniversary in addition to Washington state sick pay accruals. Participation in medical, dental and vision benefits offering with a 50% premium contribution from the company. Participation option for SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan.
Objective of the Position: A successful store manager will maximize store profitability and the customer experience while cultivating and maintaining a strong, positive team culture. Delivers superior service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. Supports business objectives from leadership by implementing, maintaining, and evaluating processes and their results to achieve those objectives.
Supervision Received (to whom the position reports): Chief Operating Officer
Supervisory responsibilities (direct reports if any, and level of supervision): As a first-line supervisor of retail sales workers you will directly supervise, coordinate, and evaluate activities for all sales associates, senior sales associates and inventory control positions.
Job Summary (an outline of job responsibilities): The ideal store manager will act as quality control, ensuring customer satisfaction and company profitability through various activities such as training, serving and selling to customers, leading by example, problem solving, troubleshooting, cleaning, organizing, merchandizing, coordinating sales campaigns, preparing reports, maintaining shop supplies, motivating staff, coaching and correcting staff, and ensuring adherence to company policies and WSLCB rules. A friendly, relaxed demeanor, superior attention to detail, courteousness and professionalism are all qualities we seek in strong leaders. The Store Manager works closely and in conjunction with back-office staff and executive leadership to support business objectives. Being a team player is essential to the success as a Store Manager.
Competency/Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills, abilities):
o Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
o Service Orientation – Looking for ways to help people.
o Speaking – Talking to others.
o Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
o Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions.
o Social Perceptiveness – Understanding people’s reactions.
o Monitoring – Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements.
o Speech and writing clarity for oral and written expression – Speaking and writing clearly to communicate to others.
o Oral and reading comprehension – Listening to and reading to understand what people communicate.
o Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
o Administration and Management – Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
o Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
o English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Education and Training – Basic knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Essential Functions (detailed tasks, duties, and responsibilities):
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures team members are serving customers according to Trove’s standards of quality, consistency, and timeliness.
- Communicates successfully with all employees, supporting and guiding them towards success.
- Displays and shares knowledge of team building, customer service, and problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrates a calm, professional demeanor during periods of high volume, stress or unusual events. Especially while working with customers and team members.
- Leads by example to support Trove’s mission, values and culture.
- Manages the team with integrity and honesty.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities to team members for front of house success.
- Promotes a teamwork-based approach to motivate and organize employees.
- Monitors workload/delegation as needed.
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT & TEAM BUILDING
- Assists in interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Monitors training and development of new employees while communicating expectations and feedback.
- Actively manages employees through coordination with upper management by regularly conducting one-on-ones, providing feedback, and goal setting to improve team and store performance.
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results that align with the Trove Cannabis mission and values.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments and finds new, creative and effective methods of recognition and problem solving.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful team resulting in an environment where employees are valued and respected.
- Prepares memos and updates for shift notes and other internal employee communications.
- Regularly monitor coaching opportunities and document them in the coaching log.
- Coordinates and participates in regular team meetings.
- Manages employee scheduling.
- Holds disciplinary and coaching meetings as needed. Delivers warnings and write ups as needed.
- Promotes positive and professional vendor relationships (existing and prospective).
- Have a basic knowledge of our vendor’s background/story, products, etc.
- Communicates with vendors as needed.
- Assists with product intake, placement and organization.
- Has knowledge of inventory locations, stock levels, procedures and product categories.
- Assists in the preparation and communication of promotional information to educate sales team and customers.
- Assists in various types of product audits.
- Interacts professionally with LCB officers and has a reasonable understanding of the laws.
- Understands employee workplace rights (wage, breaks, etc.).
- Understands company policies (such as name badges, IDs available, dress code, ID check policy, security procedures).
- Ensures employees adhere to Trove policies as well as all legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Maintains document storage of required sign in sheets.
- Manages visitor badge stock and ensures all team members and visitors always adhere to badge policy.
SHOP UPKEEP AND SAFETY
- Maintains and monitors office/shop supplies. Requesting purchases of supplies when necessary.
- Ensures the store and property are clean and organized.
- Vigilantly monitors and identifies safety risks to staff, facilities and customers. Knows location of all internal/external keys, locks, fire extinguishers, exits etc.
- Manage, monitor and update team member checklists.
- Serves customers on the sales floor (budtending) and via telephone (inquiries).
- Has a reasonable understanding of marijuana (usage, culture, industry).
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive employee, customer and company information.
- Implements and communicates sales, specials and event details as needed.
- Has knowledge of how to process inventory (write checks, prepare menu tags, inventory storage/display) and assists when needed.
- Trains employees on inventory control procedures to reduce product loss.
- Manages cash handling (servicing cash machine and coordinating with armored pick-up).
- Has a working knowledge of most company used programs such as Asana, POSaBIT, Tidel Cash Machine, Menu Card Program, When I Work and Toptender.
- Basic understanding of the security system and surveillance system which includes silent alarms, cameras, panic buttons. Training staff on procedures for opening and closing and how to contact monitoring company etc.
- Understanding and training of emergency procedures (earthquake, fire, suspicious activity, robbery).
- Troubleshoots store equipment such as POSaBIT, Pandora, ATMS, and others.
Education and Experience (required levels): A minimum of 3 years working in a retail environment, ideally in a managerial role.
Physical Factors (type of environment): Mainly indoors in a busy retail store environment. Reaching overhead, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending down, typing at a computer, standing, and sitting for long periods of time.
Working conditions (shifts, overtime requirements as needed): Tuesday through Saturday shifts for a 36 to 40-hour work week. Schedule, hours, and overtime requirements may change due to evolving business needs.
Unplanned Activities (other duties as assigned): This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
Trove Cannabis is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be treated fairly, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail: 3 years (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Every other week
- Every other week
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply