Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Commercial Marijuana Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe’s commercial marijuana retail enterprise, including initial start-up. This position is responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements of the Tribe under its Marijuana Compact with the State of Washington and the Tribe’s Commercial Marijuana Ordinance, which includes authorization for Medical Marijuana. Manager will function with a high level of independence with administrative oversight by the Tribe’s Executive Director.
- Develop and implement business plan and start-up of retail marijuana operation.
- Develop and maintain thorough working knowledge of regulatory framework and compliance therewith, including but not limited to management of marijuana products and commerce and associated financial and banking practices.
- Understand and develop markets for commercial and medical marijuana products.
- Hire, schedule, and assigning employees.
- Maintain staff performance results by coaching, mentoring, & counseling employees.
- Develop and adhere to budget.
- Perform daily, monthly and yearly inventory audits and reconciliations.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services while maintaining inventories within acceptable and approved parameters.
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion and display plans; analyze operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secure merchandise by training on security systems and measures.
- Provide a safe and clean store environment.
- Develop and enforce operational and personnel policies and procedures, including training programs and regular performance appraisals
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable.
- Manage stock levels and make key decisions about stock control.
- Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales.
- Analyze and interpret trends to facilitate planning.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Respond to customer complaints and comments.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 2 years cannabis employment experience required.
- 5 years of business management experience required.
- Experience working in a tribal enterprise.
- Familiarity with regulatory framework for tribal commercial marijuana activity in Washington State and demonstrated ability to maintain strict regulatory compliance, including necessary financial and banking practices.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Marijuana is a heavily regulated industry, with uncertainties related to the inter-play of Federal and State law as it pertains to tribal sovereignty. The Tribe?s commercial marijuana activities must operate in strict compliance with the State-Tribal Compact and the Tribe?s Ordinance. Manager must have a working knowledge of the regulatory environment and have the ability to pay close attention to detail and be thorough in all aspects of managing the Tribe?s retail store and any related commercial marijuana and financial and bank-related activities. A demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information and an understanding of who needs to know what is critical.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests and other staff. Excellent business communication skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent and interpret graphs. Understanding of basic accounting principles.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
This position is classified as a sensitive position. Therefore, applicant must submit to and clear a pre-employment criminal background check as well as standard drug and alcohol screening.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated passion to serve cannabis guests and community.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including State-Tribal Compacting in Washington, and ability to familiarize oneself with applicable Tribal Ordinances/Regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, guests and vendors.
- Ability to work a FLEXIBLE work schedule may include travel over nights and weekends.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Proven ability to manage and supervise teams effectively.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Accounting and Data Entry Skills
- Attention to Detail