Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
If you’re looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and apply your talents to make a positive difference, you’ve come to the right place.
Our employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At Tilray we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
We appreciate your interest in working at our organization. While we review every candidate application submitted, we only contact candidates who have been selected for the next phase of the interview process. Every application is kept in our recruitment database and may be considered for future opportunities or openings.
The job description provided for each role is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position are not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting – Seattle, WATilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.High Park Company develops and distributes world-class cannabis brands for the adult-use market in Canada and Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America.Together, we strive to improve quality of life through cannabis, by leading, legitimizing and defining the future of the global industry.If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.Job SummaryReporting to the Director, SEC Reporting, the Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting is responsible for being a key resource in execution of the company’s consolidation and financial close processes. Our Senior Account will work with counterparts around the world to obtain financial reporting packages and other applicable information and prepares corporate consolidation and related footnotes in support of the company’s interim and annual SEC filings. The Senior Accountant also manages the completion of prepared-by-client schedules due to the company’s independent accountants in the conduct of the quarterly review and annual audit. This role works closely with accounting and operational staff across the global organization, including USA, UK, Australia, Portugal, Chile and Canada.Role and Responsibilities
- Prepares consolidation and elimination entries.
- Prepares supporting schedules for SEC disclosures
- Coordinates with internal valuation experts the preparation of discounted cash flows for ongoing assessments related to impairment, fair value accounting, etc
- Assist in the implementation of financial close procedures policies to standardize procedures among globally entities
- Assist with statutory reporting requirements globally
- Assist with the external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture financial reports, employee benefit plan audits and statutory audits
- Assist with maintaining appropriate documentation and protocols related to the Company’s SOX processes and controls for financial close.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Accounting required
- Active CPA license required
- 4+ years Public/Big 4 accounting experience; large, complex, public company clients
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Experience with SEC filings
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in highest pace environment
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org