Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a VP of Technical Cultivation to manage the strategic and tactical operations of our cultivation sites in Brookville, PA and Yellow Springs, OH. In this role, you will be responsible for creating policies and procedures for use throughout the cultivation department, managing the execution and adherence of cultivation strategies and team members.
CORE JOB DUTIES
The core job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of all cultivation operations in multiple cultivation sites
- Establish cultivation methodologies and SOP’s and ensure their implementation
- Collaborate with the Director of Cultivation, Facility Director, and cultivation staff to create SOPs and properly document and revise as necessary
- Implement high density placements, building placement schedules and ensuring adherence to set placements and schedules
- Responsible for building irrigation strategies and crop steering techniques as they relate to drought stress and VPD
- Coordinate fertigation and environmental data to make educated, data driven decisions with the SVP of Cultivation
- Responsible for building and achieving a COGS budget and budget adherence with overall cost management for both sites
- Responsible for new market integration and engineering initiatives
- Coordinates with the SVP on Org Charts, Job Descriptions, and HR related items
- Train, coach, and develop cultivation staff and DOCs on proper and compliant cultivation practices
- Document and communicate on site visits, weekly recaps, and flags irregular data to the SVP of Cultivation
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Botany, Plant Science, Horticulture, Plant Biology or related field
- 5 years of technical cultivation experience in commercial cannabis
- 5 years of experience with crop steering and precision irrigation
- Working knowledge of cultivation technology, equipment, and processes to continuously improve/adapt methods and processes
- Innovative thinker who can pursue creative solutions and optimize cultivation process
- Strong process management skills
- Skilled in use of BioTrack or METRC, Excel and Database systems
- Must be able to travel between cultivation sites
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.